New Gen-1 Diamond Select Busts

Sami

Yeah, like I was saying, it's a whole different head sculpt..They're close, but they are different enough. The Omega Supreme was listed at 13" but I think they're a bit off on that, as the pic there shows next to the Bumblebee statue (Palisades) which is only about 4" tall..And Omega Supreme looks to be twice that..They might be trying to say if he was actually standing he'd be 13" or they're just going by those back tracks of his that add soem height..I don't know. But he definitely doesn't look to be 13" maybe 8-10" if that.

You can definitely find these guys cheaper then what most online retailers are charging, even if only just on Ebay. I don't know yet whether or not they'll go up in price or down so we'll see.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I've been slightly lax in updating this section, and have had a bunch of new busts coming in, and figured I'll update this..Specially with all the previews coming from the SDCC found here

http://TFormers.com/article.php?sid=9890

That Magnus, Ironhide and Ratchet, all three car bots, jetfire, although the 2 fembots just seem blah..Anyways, a few reviews..

0724081017.jpg

0724081031.jpg

This is a all new sort of COOL! Unlike the older ones, the new Jazz bust is put together with it's usual pole attachments, but his back doors and rocket launcher are now held together with those super strong magnets, as soon as they come remotely close to eachother they snap right into place! Very awesome! I can't wait for the Seeker 3 set and the other 3 car sets..This Diamond Select Bust Gen-1 line just continues to impress!

0626081620b.jpg

Reformatted Megatron..It looks like he is slightly smaller then the full gen-1 original version, but this one is just great to look at..he's MESSED UP! And the clear purple part is so great. These special edition ones they've made are really just a great nod for Gen-1 fans and well worth it..But as usual, wait for sales, you can generally find these guys on sale on ebay for under 50$

0701081513.jpg

0701081636.jpg

Better than ANY upgrade set, this upgrade bust is just awesome. The big flowing cape, the crown, It's Starscreams true moment of glory. And a beautiful piece at that.

0522080938.jpg

0524081149.jpg

Easily the BEST bust they've done..The most detailed, the lines work in the molding is crisp and clean, he's big, bulky, and menacing.

0519080934-1.jpg

The Thundercracker bust..A nice edition to Starscream and like the Bumblebee/Cliffjumper, they didn't just use the same molds, slightly different. Just as great. And once the Skywarp one gets here...Even better!

More reviews later, once my 3 pack set of Seekers get here, and I'll continue on as they come out, long live this line of greatness!!

Archived