New Gen-1 Diamond Select Busts

Sami

Hey Sami... did you get the Omega Supreme statue?

G1Omega1.jpg

He looks great, but I have two gripes:

1) Smaller than I had originally thought, especially for the price.

2) Much more fragile than the Palisades Statues... one of the rear shoulder tracks broke, right out of the box.

Thank god for superglue!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I wasn't sure I wanted to preorder him thru AFX--A bit pricey..But I did just get this in!!

0304081225.jpg

0304081232.jpg

0304081259.jpg

0304081259a.jpg

0304081300.jpg

0304081237.jpg

0304081251.jpg

0304081251a.jpg

0304081252.jpg

But he does look kinda cool I guess...And yeah, the Omega Supreme is a lot smaller than I'd thought.

I really want to get the damaged Prime and the reformatted Megatron. I've been thinking about getting the regular versions too. I like the regular Prime version enough to buy him, though I'm not sold on Megatron. His face really looks bloated and disproportionate. However I do absolutely love that the "Heart of Cybertron" is molded onto his base.

Yeah, I don't have Megs yet, I'll get him on ebay..I didn't want to spent 60$ on him thru AFX...They're a bit pricey, and slow on shipping..so,

Here are some new pics to show the difference. It's very similar molds, but slightly different. The BD Prime has a slightly larger head--noticable mostly on his back shot, the back plate of his head. The BD Prime isn't metallic in the blue like the gen-1 is. But, over all. It's just a fantastic bust.

100_1278.jpg

100_1279.jpg

100_1280.jpg

100_1281.jpg

100_1282.jpg

100_1283.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

100_1316.jpg

100_1319.jpg

I do believe this is like the first time Cliffjumper has his own mold....Same base stand, but, new mold outside of that. Same great quality all around as the others. Megatron should be in hopefully on Moday.

100_1336.jpg

100_1338.jpg

A great bust, and I have to say, all the offical images haven't captured his face properly..It's probably one of the best Gen-1 Megs heads ever made.

Great close up shot of Megs. It does look much better there than the official shots.

The damaged Prime's faceplate looks shorter than the G1 faceplate. Is that true, or is it just the photo angles? I like it better that way. If so, I might grab him instead of the first one.

And how tall is Omega? To his head, not the tracks. Looks way under what I envisioned.

Convention season is just around the corner. I figure it'll be my agenda this Spring to grab some busts. I'm into busts alot lately. dunno why. At any rate, at the shows I usually find em for way cheap or way retarded expensive. Mostly the latter.

Archived