New Gen-1 Diamond Select Busts

Sami

I haven't seen much about these posted..I know everyone knows they're out and all, but I've just not seen anyone post any reviews on them and all. I just ordered the Prime, Battle Damaged Pre Order Prime, Soundwave, Bumblebee and Grimlock, and they should all be in before the new year I hope. Does anyone have these yet that could post some reviews/pics of them. I know they're 6 inches, but curious if that's over all, including base, or just the figure? They average around the price range on 40-50$ and then shipping. You can also find some pretty good deals on Ebay for them right now, more so than online sites like BBTS etc. They want 50$ plus 10$ shipping etc, where as on Ebay I was able to find all the 50$ ones for 35-40$

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a buddy who owns a collectibles shop and he's thus far supplied me with Grimlock, Soundwave and Prime (and Bumblebee, if I actually wanted him, but I don't). The detail on them is pretty incredible, like being able to see the gears and such inside Soundwave's chest and stuff like that.

In the unlikely case that you haven't got the ones you ordered yet, the busts all stand around 6" tall including base, but the size of the robots themselves is different, e.g. Soundwave is noticeably sleeker than Grimlock, who's bulky and intimidating, while Prime's slightly smaller than Grim but, well, he's Prime, and the ion/laser rifle is massive.

1226070118b.jpg

1226070118a.jpg

1226070118.jpg

1222071617a.jpg

1222071612.jpg

100_1217.jpg

100_1218.jpg

100_1219.jpg

100_1214.jpg

Yeah, I've got these guys, I'm still waiting on the Bumblebee to come in..(figures, I order this guy, ToyRocket finally, who has a well enough positive rating on ebay..Few complaints that he sells stock he doesn't have etc..But his page says he'll ship within 3 days usually..It's been 2 weeks, and nothing yet..) But you're right..They are amazing. You can certainly see that they're made by hand quite a bit--As my Grimlock chest sheild, the clear plastic part, is kinda off centered etc and you can see slight paint messes..But over all, these figures are simply incredible. They're on the smaller side, but big enough..The posing is great. The bases are all unique to their character. The detail is just about perfect. Nothing overdone like the head busts that they made originally. And that you can find them on ebay from about 30-60$ is a great price for what you get. I've included a few pics of what I have so far, and their boxes.

Yeah, you can definitely see the paint being a bit messy in places, but overall they're very nice. The pricing here usually runs me about $55-$60 CAD but I think it's well worth it. Now, if they'd just stop making ones like Jazz as exclusives...I get why they do it, but it doesn't mean I like it (especially when Jazz, and now Prowl, two of my favourite Autobots, both have awesome sculpts).

Those character-specific bases are total win IMO. I reallly like these busts (if you can even call them that -- they're more like "upper torsos").

Totally, I personally love the Soundwave one. Prime's with the Matrix design in front is great too.

Yeah..I can't wait for the Battle Damaged Prime..His base is the scene from the movie with the tech reads of him dying. Finally got notice this morning that my Bumblebee is shipping. And yeah, this whole exclusive thing they're doing with them kinda sucks..And I'm kinda betting it'll be one of those things where down the road, much like the Hard Hero ones, these will be a lot cheaper..Like 20-30$ maybe..But I don't want to chance it. So I'll order them now and get them. I screwed up on the big Devastator statue, and now can pretty much bet I'll never own that one.

These are really incredible.

The Soundwave base is a metallic purple, with a little version of Soundwave in tape deck mode.

Prime has the Matrix

Grimlock has a little scuplt of his dino head and the base is made out and painted to look like his dino body version.

I got an OP bust for Xmas. its cool & all, but still not something I would have choosen for my self. to be honest I never realy saw the point in busts. half a statue??? plus I didn't realy like the way Primes arm comes off & is packaged sepreatly.

I do how ever have by Diamond Marvel's Colossous holding open thoes jaws of death. also a couple of Sub-Mariners. that IMO is how a cold cast porciln statue should be made. lots of detail!

0123081919.jpg

Finally got my Bumblebee in..Boy he is TINY!! Very cool and all, his base is Teletran-1, he's basically in scale to what he should be..But damn, he's a tiny one. I put a tube of chapstick next to him for comparison.

Archived