Movie accurate voyager Prime

sonray

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks good man. I like the sword and the use of Alt hands to make the hands articulated.

I hated the original hands and wanted to do something about them and i had considered making my own but it was too involved and way beyond my skill level. Then i looked at my BT Sideswipe on my shelf and they looked like the perfect size, so i placed a wanted ad for a pair and someone responded. Result!

wow thats a very nice custom. Could you tell me how you made your chrome so parts so shiny and reflective? Is it because of the paint or the priming ? How did you make it so nice

For the chrome sections like the grille and smokestacks and gas tanks and what have you i simply used some chrome-look spray paint, it was by a firm named Humbrol, dont know if you have them where you are. For all of the other alt mode sections it was due to the coat of automotive lacquer that i added. It protects what is already very tough paint and gives a beautiful showroom finish shine.

Hey sonray, have you ever tried allclad?

No, but from what i have seen im not missing out on much. Its brush applied isnt it? Anything brush applied will never give you a true chrome finish without a lot of unnecessary effort with polishing etc. The stuff i use just comes straight out the can and you let it dry and your done, true chrome look finish with minimal effort and its cheap. :P

That Alclad is some amazing stuff indeed..Although, if you happen to search for allclad it seems to bring up kitchen supplies..Which are also chromed..? Any idea how much that stuff is?

Archived