G1 (mini) Seekers giftset from Kingtoys

Devil Mazinkaiser

Hi everyone!

Recently, my wife was nice enough to pick up this set from a Hong Kong seller on ebay for me as a gift. I wasn't sure what to expect, considering that it is considered a "KO overseas product" - but I have to say that I was pleasantly suprised when it finally arrived at my door today.

First, I will start with the packaging.

It comes in a nice glossy gift box, with some Dreamwave art depicted on the front:

Seekers7.jpg

I won't even begin to try to explain the laws regarding knockoffs, or give justifictions for why things are shown the way they are on the packaging. For example, look at the TF logo on the top of the box:

Seekers9.jpg

This time notice the decepticon symbol:

Seekers8.jpg

Why it is okay to have "Transformers - Generation 1" on the box, but not the correct decepticon symbol is beyond me... however all of the decepticon stickers that have to be applied to the figures are exactly the way that they should be.

On the rear of the box, many other seekers are shown including Skywarp, Black Starscream and a few clear variants. For some reason, this set included Starscream, Thundercracker, Sunstorm, Dirge, Ramjet, and Thrust. Having Skywarp instead of Sunstorm would have been better IMO, but nevertheless....

Here is a pic of the opened box and instructions:

Seekers10.jpg

Seekers11.jpg

Next, some shots of the seekers in jet mode:

Seekers1.jpg

Seekers2.jpg

Robot modes, including comparisons with G1 and WST:

Seekers3.jpg

Seekers4.jpg

Seekers5.jpg

Seekers6.jpg

Some positives:

Quality is excellent. The plastic feels sturdy, just like the original G1 seekers.

The accessories are all included, including the small cluster bombs and the long arm blasters for bot mode.

The arm launchers have strong springs that can launch missles almost 4 feet!

A negative:

The stickers were tricky to apply. They were not completely cut from the sheets, so I had to outline each sticker with a razor blade first before removing them from the sheet, or else I would have torn them in half. VERY frustrating, and really time consuming.

If you basically take the G1 seekers and shrink them down a bit, this would be the set to do it!

I give it 4 and a half stars... with the only negative being the difficult stickers.

Thanks for reading! :tftongue

The set was $100 (buy it now) + shipping from Hong Kong. It worked out to about $18 - $20 each.

The quality of the stickers themselves were pretty nice - there were actually two seperate sheets for each jet - one metallic foil set for the bot mode stickers, and another metallic colored one for the wing decals. All of the decals from the original G1 guys are there, including a few extra "subdued" black on grey Decepticon symbols. I didn't use them on my set.

So the quality of the stickers were nice... it's just that they weren't cut all the way through from their sheets.

Archived