Hasboro or Takara Optimus Prime?

MightyMustang

Ok guys and gals heres a question for ya. I was doing some research last night on the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime toy and I found that some said that the Takara version was better then Hasboro's version. Can anyone point out what the differences are between the two besides the battle damage on the Hasboro release? I know the Takara version has the longer smoke stacks but are these the ONLY differences? Or are they basically the same? I found out that Takara is asking a hefty sum of money for their release and why is that? Also I thought I read that Takara's version comes with the trailer, is that right? Anyone have any answers?

Thanks guys and gals.

Ok guys and gals heres a question for ya. I was doing some research last night on the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime toy and I found that some said that the Takara version was better then Hasboro's version. Can anyone point out what the differences are between the two besides the battle damage on the Hasboro release? I know the Takara version has the longer smoke stacks but are these the ONLY differences? Or are they basically the same? I found out that Takara is asking a hefty sum of money for their release and why is that? Also I thought I read that Takara's version comes with the trailer, is that right? Anyone have any answers?

Thanks guys and gals.

http://www.TFans.com/index.php?showtopic=761

:tflaugh1 I believe the Hasbro version is subject to child safety laws and will have shorter smoke stacks while the Takara version will have the longer. In addition, the Hasbro version is made of plastic and features battle damage paint. I actually prefer the Takara version since its made of steel.

the Hasbro version is made of plastic and features battle damage paint. I actually prefer the Takara version since its made of steel.

Dude, where do you get your information from. :redface

Yeah. My Hasbro version must be made of the most metal-like plastic ever produced. :tftounge

the Hasbro version is made of plastic and features battle damage paint. I actually prefer the Takara version since its made of steel.

Dude, where do you get your information from. :redface

Yeah. My Hasbro version must be made of the most metal-like plastic ever produced. :tftounge

Quoting old rumors as fact, who wrong. :redface

Guest Krusty The Klown

my god people

BOTH ARE THE SAME THING!

only diff is the hasbro battle dmg and castrated smokestacks, the takara also comes with a paper trailer

Info? Go to the TFormers.com site and look under toy reviews. Otherwise look at the Takara and Hasbro versions closely by pics at e-tail shops. Its pretty noticeable. I guess the differences also rival the Alternators line. I know that the Takara Smokescreen is metal while the Hasbro version is plastic. What can I say... we always get the best in the US :usa

Archived