SWTF Comander Cody Review

Deadpool

Just found this fig at Walmart today and sure am impressed with. I have collected some of the other figs, but this one is the best one so far of the deluxe size fig. So here are some pics.

Here is his alt mode not very spectacular but pretty close to the movie vehicle. All tires roll and the cannon can shoot and rotate completely around. The cockpit for the driver is in the rear.

transformers001.jpg

Here is bot mode, unlike other many SWTF's, this bot mode is quite nice! The only complaint are the tires, they get in the way of articulation (but they do have a neat function I'll tell you later). In his bot mode the package has him with back kibble facing up. One can flip them down so the the figure looks cleaner with less kibble. His articulation could be better but its not horrible.

transformers002.jpg

Now here is one of the uses of the wheels in bot mode. His shoulder wheels can pop open to reveal hidden cannons. Which beefs up this guys armanment.

Transformers007.jpg

Now the one of the tires on his hips, the one on his right, has an extra removable pistol. Reminds me of Alt Hound pistol that he has hidden. Again adding to his fire power.

transformers003.jpg

His other tire in his other hip also opens, but has no weapon. Just shows amo that he carries.

transformers004.jpg

Here he is with all his weapons ready to use.

transformers005.jpg

And here he is with his driver.

transformers006.jpg

A definately cool fig and should not be passed up and worth it to buy in my opinion.

How are the joints and are there any issues of parts unecassarily popping off?

With mine, the only slight problem is with right elbow. Because his shoulder joints are an odd design, it caused for me to pop the elbow joint out. But other that the joints are tight.

Damn. Gotta' tell ya'... with this figure not looking so bad, I was almost tempted to pick it up. I'd seen this toy earlier tonight alongside the At-At walker figure. Both kind of looked decent compared to the last few "back ground" characters this line has put out so far...

If these had been around back when I was a child who LOVED Star Wars and Transformers, they'd surely be posed with the rest of my small TF collection.

Looks pretty rad to me. More interesting than Movie Wreckage, for example, which is similar vehicle.

*boggle*

And yet Wreckage has twice the articulation, and isn't made of rectangular blocks...

On the other hand, he does look like he'd make a good "cybertronian mode" version of Wreckage, or even "brother"...

Wreckage is probably the most boring movie toy released so far. With his non-realistic clear red bits and uninspired alternate deco and transformation, he just doesn't fit.

:tftongue

post-5638-1195682876_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived