Movie figures: Best of class

Terrorcon Blot

It's time for an opinion time! Here's a toughie for ya...who's the best movie toy...in each size class? We're nearing the end of the line, so there's practically nobody left. This of course won't be final...people always come back and change their answers.

No real rules, except obviously only answer where applicable. As well, I'd prefer if you only said toys you owned...after all, it's hardly the best toy if you don't even own it, am I right?

Also, let's keep the movie CHARACTERS out of this. Yes, Blackout was badass as he blew up the base. But his toy can't do that. This is toys only.

Your size classes / options, gentlemen!

Legends

Real Gear

Fast Action Battler

Deluxe

Voyager

Leader

Legends

Blackout.

Real Gear

Spy Shot 6.

Fast Action Battler

Frenzy.

Deluxe

Longarm.

Voyager

Ironhide.

Leader

Nightwatch Optimus Prime.

Scout

Skyblast.

Legends

don't own any

Real Gear

Meantime

Fast Action Battler

don't own any

Deluxe

'08 BB (could there be any else?)

Voyager

Ironhide (Ratchet could have won this JMO if he had a freaking weapon, ss would have been a runner up too if he had freaking hands)

Leader

Devastator :P

Scout

don't own any

These are the toys I think were best executed for each size class:

Legends: Barricade - car mode shows very little kibble, reasonable robot mode (I think Ironhide may end up being better than him)

Real Gear: none

Fast Action Battlers: Starscream (caveat: he's the only one I have); from looking at the ones in the store, Barricade and Bumblebee are probably better executed

Deluxe Class: Bumblebee (Camaro Concept) - great car mode, minimal kibble robot mode

Voyager Class: Rachet - great truck mode, minimal kibble robot mode (ironically, even though I think Rachet is the best mold in this class, he's my least favorite)

Leader Class: Optimus Prime - great truck mold, transformation scheme is very close to pre-production animatics (Brawl's a pretty close second)

Legends. I'd say, of the current ones, Barricade. It's not much less accurate than his Deluxe toy, which I was horribly disappointed with. However, all the unreleased ones (Ironhide, Brawl, and Bonecrusher) look fantastic. I want them all.

Real Gear: Spy Shot 6. Meantime as a close second. They both have fantastically posable robot forms, and I even think Meantime's is a bit better looking than Spy Shot's, but Spy Shot has a fantastic alt-mode, while Meantime's is fairly lackluster.

Scout: Armorhide. It's a black repaint of a very cool figure. What's not to love?

FAB: I only own Frenzy, as it's the only Transformable Frenzy, but I'd say Bumblebee from what I've seen. Ironhide, Prime, and Brawl look okay too.

Deluxe: 08 Bumblebee or Dropkick. Bumblebee's slightly more posable and has a cooler weapon, but Dropkick's design is just fantastic, marred only by a kink in the shoulder attachment.

Voyager: Optimus Prime. Probably my favorite movie figure. Great proportions, and an alt-mode with cool gimmicks. And while its guns are not CGI-accurate, they're very cool and fun.

Leader: Brawl. Prime was too bulky for my tastes, especially compared to his fantastic Voyager counterpart, and Megs was setback by poor paint choices and a horrible alt-mode.

Legends: Megatron

Real Gear: Booster X10

Fast Action Battler: Frenzy

Deluxe: Tie! Drop kick and Long Arm

Voyager: Ironhide

Leader: Prime

Legends-- Don't own any

Real Gear-- Cell phone (only one I own)

Fast Action Battler-- Don't own any

Deluxe-- Barricade (close second is 08 BB) honorable mention: Arcee, Dropkick, and 74 BB

Voyager-- re-paint Starscream

Leader-- Optimus Prime (but Megatron ROCKS after a new paint job, the arm spring switch, and a new chain!)

Archived