TFans' Official 'Transformers Movie' Thread

AutobotMaximal

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my thoughts - modified from an earlier post, since the producers are looking at choosing from all of the Transformers mythos except Beasts. Overall, I think the Autobots will be everyday cars and trucks (since the producers want to licence actual vehicles, like the BT/Alts), while the Decepticons will be military vehicles.

To choose the Autobots, I'm sure there will be an ensemble of distinct character types - we just have to choose which Autobot best fits the role.

Prime will of course be the Autobot leader, he will be a COE tractor that will combine with his trailer for a "super mode."

Murphy has specifically mentioned Bumblebee and Hot Shot (Rod?).

Therefore, Bumblebee will be the little "cute" Autobot that relates to humans. (alt mode: little yellow car)

The inclusion of Hot Shot/Rod shows they're obviously thinking of a "young, hotheaded rookie" type of character (alt mode: red sportscar, which probably eliminates Sideswipe).

Now the other Autobots:

The loyal, stalwart second in command: Prowl (alt mode: blue sedan)

An engineer/scientist (who can repair damaged Autobots while at the same time think of the deus ex machina used to end the film): Wheeljack (alt mode: white sports car)

The grizzled veteran warrior: even though this was Ironhide in the G1 'toon, I think they'll use Hound for this character. (alt mode: green Jeep)

The "burly, toughguy" robot (alt mode: big pickup or SUV): either Brawn or Ironhide - maybe even Grimlock.

For the Decepticons - obviously we'll have Megs and Starscream, the others are more difficult. I don't think the individual personalities are quite as important as with the Autobots, as they'll likely have less screentime.

Keeping with my military vehicle idea: Megatron will be a tank and Starscream an F-15/F-22 fighter.

The seeker brothers will almost surely be used, but Thundercracker and Skywarp will have alt modes that are different from Starscream. Skywarp (since he's primarily black) would be ideal as an F-117 Stealth fighter while Thundercracker could be an F-16 (just like the USAF Thunderbird team).

Soundwave - who's alt mode will be a tracked military vehicle with satellite dishes/acoustic weapons, and instead of "cassettes" I see small unmanned vechicles such as the Predator UAV (something that might be associated with a "military communications vechicle") used as an alt-mode for Laserbeak.

For the other two: Armada Cyclonus as a military assault helicopter and Armada Demolisher as a tracked anti-aircraft gun.

we may well see all the characters in it cos ifd you notice he says "CORE" the others may just have oneliners and be there in the background

#2: The Core characters will have to be somewhat recognizable and will only be able to have names that Hasbro currently has a liscense to... so there will probably be no Jazz or Hot Rod (Autobot Jazz and Rodimus Major anyone?)

#3: I doubt that they well let Rumble, Lazerbeak, or Ravage count as a core character because A; they are too small to battle with the autobots puting the decepticons at a serious disadvantage and B; they are comonents of SOundwave

in other words your tellin me/us that hasbro is so retarded that they can't make up their own names that havent been used in other Transformer shows.

Rumble, Lazerbeak, and or Ravage might be on there but not as core characters because there is this thing called "advantage".

#2: The Core characters will have to be somewhat recognizable and will only be able to have names that Hasbro currently has a liscense to... so there will probably be no Jazz or Hot Rod (Autobot Jazz and Rodimus Major anyone?)

#3: I doubt that they well let Rumble, Lazerbeak, or Ravage count as a core character because A; they are too small to battle with the autobots puting the decepticons at a serious disadvantage and B; they are comonents of SOundwave

in other words your tellin me/us that hasbro is so retarded that they can't make up their own names that havent been used in other Transformer shows.

Rumble, Lazerbeak, and or Ravage might be on there but not as core characters because there is this thing called "advantage".

umm.... great job of repeating exactly what i said... you could have just posted the quote and saved yourself some time :redface

umm.... great job of repeating exactly what i said... you could have just posted the quote and saved yourself some time :redface

:thumb

Archived