TFans' Official 'Transformers Movie' Thread

AutobotMaximal

What they're trying to do with this movie is actually make you care about these characters in a real life setting. They also want more than just fans to have a reason to see the movie too. If we're the only ones that know what's going on on the screen than what fun will that be for everyone else?

Exactly, and that's what they've been doing with the X-Men and Spider-Man movies. And look how successful they've been. I'm a huge X-Men and Spider-Man fan, I read all the comics, and I really enjoyed those movies. What's even better is that friends of mine who know next to nothing about these characters were also able to enjoy the movies. I'm hoping the same can be said for the Transformers movie when it comes out.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and let's not forget that Beast Wars had a cast of more or less 7 characters on each side, and look how good that series was.

Just keep in mind, he's looking for a core of 7 per side (whether that is including or excluding Op & Megs or not is another matter of speculation). But also note he's mentioned having Hot Shot (Rod) as the coolest damn sports car available, and the mention of HasTak actively pursuing the VW license, which if they get will automatically give us Bumblebee. So that's at least 2 mentioned so far for the Autobots. As far as the Decepts, he's mentioned Soundwave is a possibility if they can find a practical and believable way to put him in the movie, and of course you can't have G1 evil without Starscream. Now, with the advent of Alternators/Binaltech, we could very well see Smokescreen, Sideswipe, Silverstreak, Hound, Tracks, Jazz/Meister, & Grimlock, as they've already been licensed as real-life vehicles. Speculation at this point I would think would lean more towards if they're in alternators/binaltech, they'll likely be in the movie.

Personally though, I don't wanna see Hot Rod in the first movie, at least not as a modern vehicle, the cybertronian hot rod mode is just too cool as it is. The only possibility I could see is if they made him a tricked-out & hot-rodded C6 Corvette, as the body shape & style is the closest of any other vehicles out there, just needs chrome sidepipes, a blown engine sticking out of the hood, and a huge yellow spoiler/wing :tfgrin

Also up for speculation, we almost have to see them in their Cybertronian modes first before they come to Earth and get reformatted, so this might be the way we get to see the WWI models used (and get figures of the WWI modes in the process)

But alas, I shouldn't speculate too much, otherwise I'll have such high hopes that I'll ruin the movie for myself before it's even started filming... lol

I'd like to see

Optimus (DUH)

Bumblebee

Jazz

Smokescreen

Prowl

Arcee(But revamped.Maybe she can be the brains of the team and an effective fighter)

Hound

and if they can Grimlock

Decepticons

Megatron(again duh)

Soundwave-Laserbeak in some form or another

Starscream(since it'll be easier to make clones, you know the seekers will be in there. They dont talk much either)

Dead End(The Alternators version He would make a good Spy)

Shockwave(or whatever they can call him)

Rumble(Just crazier and funnier but still small and hard to hit)

I'd like to see

Optimus (DUH)

Bumblebee

Jazz

Smokescreen

Prowl

Arcee(But revamped.Maybe she can be the brains of the team and an effective fighter)

Hound

and if they can Grimlock

Decepticons

Megatron(again duh)

Soundwave-Laserbeak in some form or another

Starscream(since it'll be easier to make clones, you know the seekers will be in there. They dont talk much either)

Dead End(The Alternators version He would make a good Spy)

Shockwave(or whatever they can call him)

Rumble(Just crazier and funnier but still small and hard to hit)

I forgot to mention that I would like for Smokescreen, Jazz and Hound to be the Alternators version. Every time I look at Smokescreen's feet I can fully visualize him stomping around and the hydrolics in his toe and heels shifting with his weight.

Regarding SoundWave's inclusion in the movie:

Some one in the Kitbash thread posted links to his recolored and remodeled SOUNDWAVE based off of the Armada Redalert Figure. Now i really disliked the Red alert figure but the Sound Wave incarnation was Brilliant!

So here is my thought (and all kudos and credit back to the painter --sorry dont know your name) Why not make SW a NEWS VAN?!?!? He is now a large and imposing vehicle that incorporates all of the espionage concepts of SoundWave's design. Im not quite sure how to incorporate the tapes into this except to say perhaps that Laserbeak could be the Satalite dish "perched" on top and, ok this is just a brainstorm, Dont blast me here, how cool would it be to have Rumble and Frenzy as "pretender-esqe characters....?

im thinking the drivers/news personel but think in terms of:

Oceans 11 twin-Brothers meets Wolverine meets Terminator -

Just imagine Rumbles fists swelling and ripping the flesh and pounding into a door or the ground! And Frenzy walking into a crowd and just WAILING causing chaos and shatering windows. and then of course afterwards both of them having to be either redone or in their flesh disguises (ok now im thinking Death becomes her)

ok so i am not a HUGE fan of the pretenders line but as i mentioned before i want SW and the boys in the movie (ps - SW could still store Laserbeak and ravage? and or ratbat in side him)

any thoughts?

OK, I've been thinking about this since I began the post. Here's my theory:

AUTOBOTS

Optimus Prime (most likely his trailer will reinforce as a repair station or command center; he will combine with his trailer to form a bigger robot)

Jazz (he's Jazz; end of story)

Bumblebee (without him, the movie will suck; most fans adore him)

Hot Rod (he's a vital character; maybe in the sequel, he can lead the Autobots if Prime dies)

Arcee (there's gotta be a female bot or else female audiences won't be interested and the theaters will be filled with only guys; that is excluding female TF fans with all respect; Transformers should not only be a guy thing)

DECEPTICONS

Megatron (most likely he will transform into a tank and yes a realistic one; however, he can look futuristic)

Starscream (he's Starscream; end of story)

Thundercrapper (since he is a repaint of Starscream, designing him

and Skywarp won't be a burden for the special effects team)

Soundwave (what the hek will he transform to? Obviously not a tape recorder. I'm sorry guys and gals but Murphy said that a cassete player isn't possible. Why? Well because it's virtually obsolete in our world unless they the movie is set in the 80s which I doubt, size is too small, and like Murphy said, we won't be seeing giant robots shrinking in size when they transform into their alternate modes; it's not realistic)

Skywarp (again, he's a repaint of Starscream and thus is easy to create)

Devastator (there's gotta be at least one combiner or else the movie will suck; construction vehicles are realistic and thus we can expect Devastator to make an appearance. Besides, he is a very powerful transformer and can intensify action scenes)

:tflaugh When the production team says the movie will have realistic vehicles based in reality, that kinda rules out any futuristic ANYTHING.

As for characters (core characters with actual speaking parts), look to X-Men as a model. Some characters had to be re-vamped (Jean Grey became Dr. Jean Grey) so that every character would be different and each would have their specific role or place on the team. Wolvie was the rebel berserker, Cyke was the square/leader (like Leonardo from TMNT), Jean Grey was the brains, Storm was ... um... Halle Berry with special effects (and modestly dressed, thank goodness).

A well rounded team has:

A leader (Optimus)

A brawler (Ironhide?)

A future plush figure the audience is intented to relate to (Bumblebee)

A scientist -think 'The Professor' from Gilligan's Island- (Rachet)

A cool guy (Jazz)

and a few supporting characters... mind you that only 2 or 3 characters total will be major lead characters, so that's Op's, Megs, and maybe 1 or 2 others. More than that and it turns into "Batman & Robin" with heroes and villians for every day of the week.

Theirs no pleasing the entire transformers fan base. you gotta look at fx cost when talking who they are gonna put in. you know they gonna put bumbleebee in it.

Archived