Which history is the TRUE Transformer history?

JIN

Which telling is the REAL TF history?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which telling is the REAL TF history?

• 1. G1 TV episodes (Orion Pax, TF's built by Quintessons, etc.)
    • 2. Dreamwave, War Within (TF's don't know origins)
    • 3. Older comics (TF's split like cells to reproduce, etc.)

Personally, I never liked the original comics. Robots splitting into two robots like a microscopic organism never appealed to me. Neither did the "God" Primus appeal to me. I found it much more rational that the TF's were made by the Quintessons. I thought perhaps "Primus" was a god the TF's created themselves, millions of years after the Quintessons left. The TF's had forgotten their past with their evil Quintesson masters and needed an explanation of their origins. I know I'm going to get some angry responses to this post, please calmly and peacefully post your opinions, I'm willing to read them all...

P.S. In Dreamwave "The War Within", has anyone named that character who BECOMES Optimus Prime? Is his name still Orion Pax? I know no name was mentioned in the comic, but I was just curious...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, no name was mentioned. But keep reading War Within and G1 for more revelations of the TFs origins

War Within to me is TF history. It's written by Furman, so to me it might as well be the Word of Primus.

yeah, I remember when I found out Furman was gonna write War Within: tears of joy baby. And then when he went on to do Armada, or better yet when I found out Wildman was gonna draw Dark Ages. I know a lotta people don't like it too much, but his work is nostalgic of the Marvel TF comics.

Ok I'm gonna jump n the way back machine here and if anyone out there remembers as I do back me up. I remember reading an entire TF history around 1996 on I think it was the MUSH 2005 pages. It covered everything from the begining of the Quintesons to the movie. Best history for Transformers ever, but of the 3 choices given War within is about the next best.

Guest Primal-Convoy

To me, "all paths lead to heaven". I think ALL the aspects of the Tf media (comics, tv, etc) exists as ideas in ONT TF universe. However, I believe that some of thes e ideas are due to:

1/ Lies, propaganda, etc.

2/ Miscommunication during a war.

3/ Mis-representation.errors in data recording by other races (like earth).

4/ Alternate dimensions.

To me, present day Cybertron is home to all these things, making the Tfs as confused as WE are as to their origins, who IS Primus, etc.

I compare it to the 4 "Gospels" in the bible(or even the WHOLE Bible), where there are conflicting stories, "facts" and ideas that seem to exist all on the same floating level of consciousness to many different people. jews might agree with some of it, christians some more, racists a little, etc.

Anyway, Im starting to believe this is what DreamWave are going for....

here's what i believe

yes

Prime and most tf's were built by the quintessons(under the subliminal influence of primus), then prime was rebuilt by alpha trion(who was created by vector sigma(the cpu of cybertron) the war within happened, the autobots came to earth, g1 happened, bw, bwII, and bw neo happened, and rid happened through means of a dimentional rift. armada and energon and universe are all in separate dimentions completely separate from cybertron prime(g1 cybertron) then bm happened, now all we're waiting for is transtech.

Archived