"Animated" Figures - "Corrected"

Guest Primal-Convoy

I don't think you can make these figures "not cartoony" for the most part.

You COULD change the STYLE of cartooniness.

I'd suggest getting a MyClone Bumblebee head and adjusting the paintjob a bit.

Though, really, the G1-ish repaint that would excite me the most would be Animated Prowl as a G1-ish Highway patrol motorcycle or possible Bluestreak and/or Smokescreen redecoes of the motorcycle.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though, really, the G1-ish repaint that would excite me the most would be Animated Prowl as a G1-ish Highway patrol motorcycle or possible Bluestreak and/or Smokescreen redecoes of the motorcycle.

Yuck.

Animated Prowl has nothing to do with G1 Prowl at all, aside from the name and the crest on his head. I don't see any need to link the two together, especially not to G1 Prowl's protoform buddies. Now if you were using Jazz as the base, and gave it Prowl's head... :schin

I could see Animated Grimlock with a Classics Grimlock head IF the Classics head was a bit bigger. Other than TF:A Grimlock though, I can't see anyone else working with a G1 style head.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Jin did some animated figs, most notably, skywarp, with a shorter face, giving more of a g1 vibe than the jay leno/jimmy hill look his original mold had.

I say the kids buying the toys wouldnt care if the animated bot toys had this look and most fans would like it like this too.

what say you?

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?...si&img=2241

Another try just tweaked a little.

th_67385_anibee_122_702lo.jpg

Soo.... he's an emo, now?

:tflaugh

Nice effort but personally I find it unnecessary. I like them figs just the way they are.

JMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
Another try just tweaked a little.

th_67385_anibee_122_702lo.jpg

Now shop out Classics Bumblebee's smile.

I'll second that notion. Give him a bit of a smile but not all tweaked like the original one

That wasn't what this meant. When I said this, I meant it more as "Well, if Animated Bumblebee isn't allowed to smile, why should Classics?"

Yuck.

Animated Prowl has nothing to do with G1 Prowl at all, aside from the name and the crest on his head. I don't see any need to link the two together, especially not to G1 Prowl's protoform buddies. Now if you were using Jazz as the base, and gave it Prowl's head... :schin

That said, Madhammer...I wouldn't be entirely averse to a police version of Prowl(Red Alert, Groove, etc), and/or Bluestreak and Smokescreen versions. :)

Jin did some animated figs, most notably, skywarp, with a shorter face, giving more of a g1 vibe than the jay leno/jimmy hill look his original mold had.

I say the kids buying the toys wouldnt care if the animated bot toys had this look and most fans would like it like this too.

what say you?

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?...si&img=2241

Now that looks good. I'd buy it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived