"Animated" Figures - "Corrected"

Guest Primal-Convoy

Guest Primal-Convoy

A lot of us probably want the new animated figs to do well. They have nice sculpts, especially Megatron but many of us stare at them and feel like we are staring at a naked supermodel with bad brown teeth...just one little thing wrong with them in the face department!

So, I was thinking. How hard would it be to digibash the animated figs into looking a bit more, well, "correct" in the eyes of anyone who is, say, over 5 years old?

I have prepared two mock ups for your viewing, ahem, pleasure.

In the Prime example, Ive merely fiddled around with the original head and in the BB example, Ive given him a classics head. Now I'm no Da Vinci, so Im hoping more of you more talented peeps out there will be able to come uo with something much better!

Here are a few pics of the toys for source material:

Bumblebee:

- http://TFormers.com/ig.php?mode=view&a...800&start=0

Prime:

- http://TFormers.com/ig.php?mode=view&a...800&start=0

post-1044-1194487893_thumb.jpg

post-1044-1194487903_thumb.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still waiting to see how you improved them. So far this just looks worse.

Ouch. A bit harsh.

Quite frankly, I think the classics BB head looks more out of place than the original head... Prime's face mask doesn't look too bad, though.

Ouch. A bit harsh.

Quite frankly, I think the classics BB head looks more out of place than the original head... Prime's face mask doesn't look too bad, though.

Oh, I'm not zinging his talents. I couldn't do any better, that's for sure.

I'm just saying that "If it ain't broke..."

Ouch. A bit harsh.

Oh, I'm not zinging his talents. I couldn't do any better, that's for sure.

I'm just saying that "If it ain't broke..."

It could be argued that the head designs (at least) for Animated are broken.

I'm not saying giving Animated BB a Classics head, but something better can be done, IMO.

Just look at his prime. He didn't swap a head, he just gave a faceplate that better conveys "Optimus Prime" then the blue Teen Titans face he currently has.

Something similar in style to what he did for Prime for BB would do wonders.

Archived