Name your Primes

Spidey2k4

Soundwinder: Alternators Rodimus isn't Rodimus Prime. He's meant to be Hot Rod but for copyright reasons they had to call him Rodimus. If Hasbro meant for the toy to be Rodimus Prime they could easily just call it Rodimus Prime because they still have the rights to that name - hence why the Hasbro reissue of Rodimus Prime was called Rodimus Prime whereas their Hot Rod reissue ended up with the stupid "Rodimus Major" name. 'Rodimus' is a better alternative and also coincides with pre-established canon where Hot Rod renamed himself as "Rodimus" at the end of the Great War and in post-G2 continuity (e.g.: Universe Wreckers) - but the character is still clearly Hot Rod and not Rodimus Prime.

tf_wreckers_comic3.jpg<--Rodimus

He's referred to as Rodimus Prime on the instructions and possibly packaging. As there are no instances of him being referred to as Hot Rod or any other of Hasbro's numberous Rodimus/Rodimus Major/Hot Rodney attempts at disguising the name, there's no reason to think he's Hot Rod rather than Rodimus Prime.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well here's an idea - why not call it the Optimus count? no rods...then again, who really cares, there's so few rods in comparisons with the optimuses...or it could be just optimus prime and primal, but that leaves out folks like lioconvoy and big convoy

oy this gets frustrating...i don't mean to nitpick. these lists are fun, just leave em at that.

My Primes:

6" Titanium War Within Optimus Prime

THS-02 G1 Convoy

God Ginrai (Or as the US Release tagged him PM Prime w/ Apex Armor)

Bat Optimus Primal

TM Optimus Primal

BWX Ultra Optimus Primal

Lio Convoy

RiD Optimus Prime

Super Class Armada Optimus Prime

Super Class Energon Optimus Prime

Leader Class Galaxy Force Galaxy Convoy (Cybertron Optimus Prime)

Deluxe Class Cybertron Jungle Planet Optimus Prime

Voyager Class Classics Optimus Prime

Leader Class Movie Optimus Prime

Delxue Class Protoform Optimus Prime

3" Titanium Optimus Primal

3" Titanium War Within Optimus Prime

Alternators Optimus Prime

20th Anniversary Optimus Prime

Soundwinder: Alternators Rodimus isn't Rodimus Prime. He's meant to be Hot Rod but for copyright reasons they had to call him Rodimus. If Hasbro meant for the toy to be Rodimus Prime they could easily just call it Rodimus Prime because they still have the rights to that name - hence why the Hasbro reissue of Rodimus Prime was called Rodimus Prime whereas their Hot Rod reissue ended up with the stupid "Rodimus Major" name. 'Rodimus' is a better alternative and also coincides with pre-established canon where Hot Rod renamed himself as "Rodimus" at the end of the Great War and in post-G2 continuity (e.g.: Universe Wreckers) - but the character is still clearly Hot Rod and not Rodimus Prime.

tf_wreckers_comic3.jpg<--Rodimus

He's referred to as Rodimus Prime on the instructions and possibly packaging. As there are no instances of him being referred to as Hot Rod or any other of Hasbro's numberous Rodimus/Rodimus Major/Hot Rodney attempts at disguising the name, there's no reason to think he's Hot Rod rather than Rodimus Prime.

Uhhh, okay. Understand that I don't care one whit about Hot Rod/Rodimus/Rodimus Major/Rodney Dangerfield. I own all of the Robot Heroes G1 figs, but I gave Hot Rod to my son.

Aren't Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime the individual/character/entity? I understand one is pre- and one is post-Matrix but, hell, if you look up Rodimus Prime at the Transformers Wiki, it even brings you to Hot Rod's page.

Swift: Remember that God Ginrai isn't Optimus Prime. Maximo Prime and I have also listed our Ginrais but we also tagged disclaimers too.

Yeah, I know Ginrai isn't actually Optimus; I was just trying to make it clear which releases of the molds I had. And to me, he'll always be Powermaster Prime. Good show calling me on it though :tflaugh

1) G1 Prime x3

2) G2 Prime

3) re-issue Prime

4) Alternator Prime

5) Masterpiece Prime x2

6) G2 Lazer Prime

7) Armada Prime (powerlinx)

8) Armada "Bendy" Prime

9) RiD Prime

10) RiD spymaster Prime

11) Universe Prime Spychanger (came with prowl)

12) Universe Prime (dollar store version) x2

13) Cybertron Prime (w/mini-con symbols)

14) Optimus Prime (primal version)

Various Primes (Primals)

15) Optimus Primal (bat)

16) Optimal Optimus

17) Beast Machines Prime

18) flash Lio Convoy

19) Transmetals Prime

20) G1 DQ Prime promo toy (I know not a lot of people have this one)

21) BK Prime promo toy

22) McDs Primal Promo toy

23) Smallest Transformer Prime (clear blue version)

24) HoC Prime w/Apex Armor

25) HoC Spark Attack Prime

26) HoC Prime w/Communicator

27) Titanium Prime (3" line)

28) Titanium Primal (3" line)

I might have a few I missed. nothing big but I'm happy with what i have so far :)

29) Powermaster Prime

Archived