Most Disappointing TFs of All-Time

areaseven

I assume you mean the large Prime.

The smaller one rocks. I have the Armada version (well one of those) and the Cybertron repaint. I also won the Nemesis Prime repaint on eBay recently.

The big one is not that cool but he does have neat features and is able to combine with Jetfire AND Overload. That is pretty cool.

But to each his own.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much all the Movie Decepticons bar Dropkick. Looooove Dropkick!! The rest of my Decepticons were boxed back up all nice and legal like and went into getting my Movie Autobots. ^_^ They now have a nice home somewhere.

Also, Meantime. Was disappointed that he didn't fit an adult wrist or I would have re-tooled him.

LUUUVE MY 08 BUMBLEBEE THOUGH! ^_^ Lol! Thanks Mr. Hasbro!

You don't know bad untill you've owned the G2 Powermasters. they're basically g2 version battlechargers andthrottle bots.

Staxx has a nose but no other distinguishing facial features.

Yeah, RiD was a poor transition of Car Robot.

I just mean the toys are disappointing in general...not "inferior" to their japanese releases or anything like that.

Granted, I didn't start buying toys again until Unicron was on shelves, so I didn't have the whole "OH MAN CARS I AM STARVED FOR THESE" mentality that a lot of people had.

But it's telling that the first RiD toy I wanted to buy were either G2 repaints (Scourge), BW repaints (Sky-Byte), or BM repaints (Megatron Megabolt). The others simply did nothing for me.

I don't see how anyone can Blot on the RID Autobots. The level of engineering, detail, articulation, and transformation difficulty on the Autobot Bros is something that hasn't been rivaled in any Deluxe figure before or since, plus they were the precursor for Alternators. Is it the asymmetry of them, or were they just too hard for you?

The most disappointing for me would be any of the "big" figures from Armada... Megatron, Prime, and Tidal Wave especially.

Armada Optimus prime, well scratch that, almost every Armada toy. They had potential, but the gimmicks screwed them up

I don't see how anyone can Blot on the RID Autobots. The level of engineering, detail, articulation, and transformation difficulty on the Autobot Bros is something that hasn't been rivaled in any Deluxe figure before or since, plus they were the precursor for Alternators. Is it the asymmetry of them, or were they just too hard for you?

Asymmetry? Hardly. Loves me the Transmetal 2s.

Difficulty? Not at all.

Just not a shell guy. The car bros (Sideburn is the biggest offender, natch) are too much "fold up robot and adjust car parts around it".

RiD Prime and Magnus are good display pieces, but lousy play pieces.

Landfill...he's unique, but not stellar.

Rail Racer...there will never be a smoother looking gestalt. Of course, as I said, his components take a major hit, what with their massive legs and tiny arms and torsos.

Yes, Armada toys are blockier and brickier. But they're also more fun to me.

I think right up top on my list would be G1 Wheelie. If he looked half in toy as he did in show it would be excuseable. Not too far off would be the Powerdashers, Ratchet/Ironhide and Powerglide.

I'll skip BW/BM/MW/RiD because I don't nor did I ever collect those

For Armada, hands down Sideswipe was the worst. G1 'goodness' all over again. I don't know why people bash Armada Prime. If the damn trailer worked half right he wasn't that bad. Dishonorable mentions go to Thurst, all the Powerlinx repaints and the minicon Skyblast.

Jumping over to Energon, I'd have to vote Omega Supreme. Decent idea, bad execution. Not far behind would be Fattimus Prime and his Zord Team... ahem... I mean Optimus Prime, Jetfire, Cruellock/Doomlock and the Dinobot set... especially Swoop.

For Cybertron, I'd agree that Deluxe Scattershot was disappointing, but by no means the worst. I mean, c'mon, BACKSTOP!! That thing was hideous. I'll also include Override, Megatron and Supreme Brickscream in there.

Finally, the movie. Jazz is in this simply for the arms. Megatron is all kinds of wrong, Deluxe Brawl needs stronger shoulders and Dreadwing.... ew.

Archived