Did starscream shoot megatron?

TFVMMA

I see yout points however I must counter on some level.

1) starscream is and has always been a coward. if he fired at megatron he would still fight the jets in order to protect his argument in case megs lived.

2) what victory exactly. megatron wants the allspark. it never says starscream does. he is doing what megatron says. that's all. starscreams victory would be the elimination of megatron.

3)your right nothing suggets that he wants to overthrow megs. but to say that the audience wouldn't get it is a little too generalizing otherwise noone would have thought it. if the idea is to make the movie for a new audience then why make prime a truck, why have megs say "you fail me yet again" why make ironhide gung ho and ratchet an ambulence? why use the witwicky name and why have bb trash the vw beetle?

all I am saying is the starscream I know would take a shot if he had it. and I think the filmakers left it open for us existing fans to whet our appetites with cuz we all luv ss hating megatron. so if in your movie he "lives to serve lord megatron" cool but in mine, he's good ol screamer with a gun at megs back every chance he gets. if he couldve found him in the ice he wouldve shot him then.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see yout points however I must counter on some level.

1) starscream is and has always been a coward. if he fired at megatron he would still fight the jets in order to protect his argument in case megs lived.

I don't see your argument...you're saying you believe Starscream would actively weaken the weapon he's aiming at Megs so that, in case Megs doesn't die, Starscream can say, "Well, I didn't aim the whole thing at you." Please.

2) what victory exactly. megatron wants the allspark. it never says starscream does. he is doing what megatron says. that's all. starscreams victory would be the elimination of megatron.

You assume Starscream's victory would be the elimination of Megatron, but what then? He's stuck on an alien world outnumbered by the enemies of the team he wants to lead, who have the magical artifact that is the only reason you came to this world to begin with. There'd be no glory for Starscream in leading the Decepticon team under such conditions. He'd get no coronation ceremony, no loyal followers worth anything, and he'd have to be running from the Autobots constantly, so why bother?

3)your right nothing suggets that he wants to overthrow megs. but to say that the audience wouldn't get it is a little too generalizing otherwise noone would have thought it. if the idea is to make the movie for a new audience then why make prime a truck, why have megs say "you fail me yet again" why make ironhide gung ho and ratchet an ambulence? why use the witwicky name and why have bb trash the vw beetle?

all I am saying is the starscream I know would take a shot if he had it. and I think the filmakers left it open for us existing fans to whet our appetites with cuz we all luv ss hating megatron. so if in your movie he "lives to serve lord megatron" cool but in mine, he's good ol screamer with a gun at megs back every chance he gets. if he couldve found him in the ice he wouldve shot him then.

None of the stuff you're listing requires bringing over previous information from another incarnation of the franchise. Only Starscream being treacherous requires you to have been audience to another Transformers story to follow along.

Like I said, I think the filmmakers think of Starscream as the treacherous bastard we know and love, I think it's something we'll see in the sequels. But I don't think Starscream tried to betray Megatron in this particular movie, nor did the filmmakers intend it to be taken that way, because it just wasn't the time to strike.

I also said you can think what you want and if it matters you can keep trying to prove me wrong. but I will not agree that ss had no interest in hurting megatron.

starscream would not have been stuck anywhere I mean he left earth at the end of the movie anyway. at what point would he be stuck? the idea that he would stay on earth where the autobots are? he is and always has been a coward. as u say "please".

you assume ss cares about the cube. I don't recall that ever being implied, it was megs' obsession.

my argument is that if megs had lived, ss could say it wasn't him shooting at him at all. but that he was elsewhere fighting the jets and doing all he could to help like a good little minion.

I just think if ss had an open shot at megs he would take it, period. If u don't agree, cool. but like I said whether they intended or not for ss to literally shoot megs, it fits the character I know. so when I watch it that is part of the story. disagree if you like. won't change my mind. and I have no interest in changing yours. I am just making points for my thoughts.

in your world he doesn't take a cheap shot cuz the movie guys didn't make it a point. in my world he took a cheap shot and they did make a point to show jets shooting megs right after they showed ss flying towards the city in jet mode.

so we disagree. I won't lose any sleep over that. can u agree to disagree.

starscream would not have been stuck anywhere I mean he left earth at the end of the movie anyway. at what point would he be stuck? the idea that he would stay on earth where the autobots are? he is and always has been a coward. as u say "please".

By that logic he could've left at anytime. Why hang around at all? He wants to destroy Megatron to rule the Decepticons, and as ruler of the Decepticons he no doubt wants to gain control of the Allspark.

you assume ss cares about the cube. I don't recall that ever being implied, it was megs' obsession.

If he's not interested in the Allspark, why'd he leave Earth after Sam destroyed Megatron? Is it possibly because the Allspark was also destroyed? Otherwise he's got exactly what he would've gotten by destroying Megatron in the scene in question.

my argument is that if megs had lived, ss could say it wasn't him shooting at him at all. but that he was elsewhere fighting the jets and doing all he could to help like a good little minion.

He could say that anyway. What, was Megatron gonna call the F-22 pilots to testify against Starscream?

I just think if ss had an open shot at megs he would take it, period. If u don't agree, cool. but like I said whether they intended or not for ss to literally shoot megs, it fits the character I know. so when I watch it that is part of the story. disagree if you like. won't change my mind. and I have no interest in changing yours. I am just making points for my thoughts.

I wasn't addressing you to begin with. You responded to my post and so I defended my position. Stop acting like I'm picking on you.

in your world he doesn't take a cheap shot cuz the movie guys didn't make it a point. in my world he took a cheap shot and they did make a point to show jets shooting megs right after they showed ss flying towards the city in jet mode.

so we disagree. I won't lose any sleep over that. can u agree to disagree.

I don't agree that we live in two different worlds where we watch two different movies, but I'll stop defending my posts as soon as you as you stop trying to refute them. Deal? :thumb

The only reason this keeps coming up is because the G1 fanboys desperately want Movie-Screamer to be the backstabbing traitor he was in G1. Unfortunately, Movie-Screamer is fairly loyal to Megatron as is indicated by how he greets Megatron at the Hoover Dam and all the trouble he went through to free him.

uh, actually, I posted here, then puertoricon refuted my post then u quoted him. so I did believe you were both responding to my statement. so I in turn began defending my views. sorry if I was mistaken. I haven't thought for a moment anyone was "picking" on anyone. it is an open discussion forum where ppl disagree regularly. we just are discussing varying views of one scene is the way I approached it from my initial post. I have not refuted anyones posts. I have stated in every response that we simply disagree. I have admitted your points as valid in every post while choosing to disagree based on my own point of view.

on topic: IMO ss stayed cuz megs lived and he had to. then he left cuz megs and all the others died. I don't think it was related to the cube at all.but that's my opinion. u also have yours with valid reasons.

you are right ss could say that anyway. he could say he didn't shoot at megs. megs couldn't ask anyone . you are right. so its a free shot to take with no provable recourse. you just made my point.

look man, every movie,book,song etc. is open to interpretation. 2 ppl can hear the same song and get 2 very different meanings . once again we just disagree. I have said that in every post. we just disagree. its ok.

Let's face it, Starscream was not a major character in this movie. We can talk all we want about how Starscream is this and that, but he simply wasn't fleshed out enough for us to be able to say "he would have done so and so". Not to mention the fact that there is no reference or follow-up in the whole movie to this so-called attack.

It's editing.

IMO ss stayed cuz megs lived and he had to. then he left cuz megs and all the others died. I don't think it was related to the cube at all.

Just answer this question: What would be different about Starscream's situation if he had successfully killed Megs when he supposedly shot him than the situation he was in once Sam killed Megatron? Therein lies every benefit Starscream would've had in shooting Megatron.

you are right ss could say that anyway. he could say he didn't shoot at megs. megs couldn't ask anyone . you are right. so its a free shot to take with no provable recourse. you just made my point.

Just because he can take the shot doesn't mean he would.

look man, every movie,book,song etc. is open to interpretation. 2 ppl can hear the same song and get 2 very different meanings . once again we just disagree. I have said that in every post. we just disagree. its ok.

Dude, this isn't a "What parallels do you see in the Wizard of Oz to the industrial revolution?" discussion, this is "Did Dorothy meet a scarecrow?"

let it go man. u can't change my mind. do another line by line analysis if u like but again, can't we just disagree? I think ss shot at megs cuz he could and you think he did not. end of story. u don't need my reasons and I don't care about yours. as aquarion said "g1 fanboy's" that's me all day. btw hornet as a child of the 80's I took ss statement of loyalty as pure sarcasm. as did my 12 year old nephew who never saw a g1 cartoon. funny how ppl see things different aint it? maybe that should be a seperate thread.

Archived