Did starscream shoot megatron?

TFVMMA

Hi guys i don't know if there is already a threat about this if there is one sorry :tflaugh (i'm kind of new in the forum). So i was watching the movie and i noted that before sam kills megatron with the allspark some f22's shoot him. Do you think one of those aircrafts is starscream? i want to know your opinion.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some claim that Starscream "joined the formation" of F-22s, but he slots in behind two while two more, who have just seen him transform, come up behind him. Those latter two were still likely hassling him three seconds later when Megatron starts being attacked from the air. In fact, it's more likely that this is the point at which Megatron begins to be hit by the F-22s because he had just lost his air cover.

Also, I believe the writers themselves said it wasn't supposed to be.

Therefore, in the context of the first movie, I'd say he didn't fire on Megatron - however, it wouldn't surprise me if they incorporated him attacking Megatron in the second film, since the way the first was edited does allow the possibility.

Hmpf. I do take pride in the fact that I was the first, well, at least on this forum, to come up with this idea (and others). However, that pride has indeed been slightly diminished after finding, quite literally, dozens of similar threads appear with similar notions.

• 1 month later...

of course starscream shot megatron. who out there knows starscream and would say "well he had an open shot at megs but didn't take it cuz some humans were already shooting him"?

i think if the film makers wanted to show starscream shooting Megatron, they would have made a point to make it clear without any questions that starscream shot him. This reminds me of the "Ironhide bashed Barricade into pieces when Blackout transforms and flys away " question when we all know it was just some regular black car that Ironhide threw. people were trying to make more of what it was, its a movie and there were many plot holes, but going back to the original question, I don't think it was starscream. they would have made it clear if he did shoot Megs.

i think if the film makers wanted to show starscream shooting Megatron, they would have made a point to make it clear without any questions that starscream shot him. This reminds me of the "Ironhide bashed Barricade into pieces when Blackout transforms and flys away " question when we all know it was just some regular black car that Ironhide threw. people were trying to make more of what it was, its a movie and there were many plot holes, but going back to the original question, I don't think it was starscream. they would have made it clear if he did shoot Megs.

:pfx

The fact that it's something that has to be asked is all the proof you need that it didn't happen.

But, in case it isn't, here are a few things to consider:

FACT - Starscream destroys most of the other F-22s before Megatron is shot.

If Starscream were planning on firing at Megatron, wouldn't he have wanted the other F-22s to make a stronger attack on Megatron instead of a weaker one? Some people claim the attack on the F-22 squadron was what allowed Starscream to join the squad and lead some of the other jets towards Megs, but we see Starscream on a military base earlier in the film. Odds are good he'd already infiltrated the military and was perfectly concealed and capable of joining the squad and aiming them at Megs without much trouble.

FACT - Megatron was Starscream's greatest chance at victory.

Sure, Starscream took plenty of shots at Megs when there was an army of other 'Cons for him to command, but at the end of the movie, if Megatron had been taken out Starscream's only remaining allies would be Barricade and maybe Scorponok. Those three against Prime and four other Autobots who have already found and are holding the Allspark. What's to be gained from the elimination of Megatron at that point? Nothing.

FACT - There is nothing in the film itself to suggest that Movie Starscream has any eyes on overthrowing Megatron.

Even if the film made it clear that the jet that shot at Megatron was Starscream, the reaction from the General Audience would be one of complete and utter confusion - they'd have no understanding of why one bad guy would shoot at another. While I believe that, in their hearts, the filmmakers see Starscream as the treacherous bot we know him to be, every choice made by the filmmakers was made to introduce Transformers to a new audience, and not rely on any previous knowledge of the franchise to follow the movie. Thusly, we can assume that the filmmakers would've introduced Starscream's treacherous intentions earlier if they'd intended that moment to be an act of treachery in the film.

Archived