I think Transformers...

Satan's Camaro

Depends what kind of action movies you like. Personally for me I liked Bourne Ultimatum and Live Free or Die Hard best and thought each did a really good job of raising the bar for action/car chases. Both of which I love.

Transformers raised the bar for visual effects and Giant on screen robots.

As a movie and visual effects experience I loved it very much the same way I like a lot of Spielberg's movies. Not perfect but a lot of love/work went into the overall production and it shows. This is the same reason I loved AI and The Island. The production value is definitely there and with so much going into a film like these as well as Transformers it's really hard to fault them for not being perfect. Personally I'm not frustrated by anything in Transformers. Could have it been better, undoubtedly but for me Bay has already proved more adept to storytelling than Lucus and his NT prequels. I'm surprisingly enjoying Transformers a lot more with each viewing where as by the third time through TPM I was pretty much meh. Too much political bullBlot, slow pacing and nothing that really retained the look of feel of the originals. Transformers was the first ever live action attempt so there's nothing for it to compare to and no G1 doesn't count.

its not a wow for me, its more of a OMFG whos going to top this movie. in mean in the last 10yrs what movie has had a mine blowing impact as this movie did (really)? you have giant robots destroying Blot and transforming into super cool cars........nuff said!!

Jurassic park.

Think about that :tftongue

Jurassic park.

Think about that :tftongue

cool but not even close, GIANT ROBOTS THAT TRANSFORM INTO ANYTHING, dinosaurs :schin dont get me wrong i love dinosaurs, but there not in the same ball park.

Well no, but remember, it was Jesus' gift to mankind in it's day.

Now... not so much.

Well no, but remember, it was Jesus' gift to mankind in it's day.

Now... not so much.

It's still an important film, though. It was the first major motion picture EVER to rely on photorealistic CG animation. The compositing doesn't hold up that well over time, but the animation itself is still pretty freaking awesome.

http://jurassicparkwtf.ytmnd.com/

Archived