I think Transformers...

Satan's Camaro

I have to say "No." Shockers...but NOT because I don't love much of this TF Movie.

Yes. I went wow and the entire drive home (at 11:45 at night) and since, I've never looked at a vehicle the same way again. There's a vet tech at the hospital I work at who drives a Mustang. And it's black. All I see is Barricade (yes, Barricade, even though he's not a Mustang but a Saleen S281)

Whatever else you want to say about Bay, the guy knows how to photograph cars and shit. So he knows what they're supposed to look like. I think that background served him really well with this movie, because it made him relentless with pushing ILM more and more towards genuine photorealism. And I think they darn near accomplished it. You can just *look* at the robots in this movie and be wowed.

Whatever else you want to say about Bay, the guy knows how to photograph cars and Blot. So he knows what they're supposed to look like. I think that background served him really well with this movie, because it made him relentless with pushing ILM more and more towards genuine photorealism. And I think they darn near accomplished it. You can just *look* at the robots in this movie and be wowed.

Exactly.

I also think listening to the commentary and watching all of the extras is what's making me love Transformers more and more - those just show even moreso how much love and hard work was actually put into this movie.

this holds true. one of my friends was telling me "you should go watch sweeney todd" and is telling me about it. his main point was "it has awesome knife fights" and i'm like "Powerglide knife fights! i saw giant Powerglideing robots killing each other in LA/Detroit/backlot!"

I also think listening to the commentary and watching all of the extras is what's making me love Transformers more and more - those just show even moreso how much love and hard work was actually put into this movie.

I agree with this 100%!!

Whatever else you want to say about Bay, the guy knows how to photograph cars and shit. So he knows what they're supposed to look like. I think that background served him really well with this movie, because it made him relentless with pushing ILM more and more towards genuine photorealism. And I think they darn near accomplished it. You can just *look* at the robots in this movie and be wowed.

Exactly.

I felt the same way, watching all of that stuff. But it was hard to watch at the same time. It was just a shame that Bay really isn't a storyteller, because that is the one shortcoming of the movie IMO. It's the reason why the movie is 30 minutes too long, the action sequences are hard to follow, and the plot seems to get muddled in some places (and maybe even the reason why he so often got distracted by military stuff). I don't say that to rip this thread off-topic, just to voice my frustration I guess, because the movie WAS such a huge labor of love, and it shows.

Archived