Movie 08 bumblebee

Sideswipe

Mine keeps popping off on one shoulder. The allignment seems ok, but when you try to jam it back in, you can feel that one of the 2 nubs on the armor piece is being pushed back out by the shoulder slots. I'd modify it, but I'm uncertain where to carve. Anyone else has this lil' problemo?

You could trim the bottom tab back a hair on the Shoulder piece and then add a dab of superglue on the top tab to ensure that it stays in place. Mine used to fall out pretty frequently when I was transforming him. I never noticed anything pushing it out though.

Mine keeps popping off on one shoulder. The allignment seems ok, but when you try to jam it back in, you can feel that one of the 2 nubs on the armor piece is being pushed back out by the shoulder slots. I'd modify it, but I'm uncertain where to carve. Anyone else has this lil' problemo?

The shoulder piece fits into a slot that's actually intended to relieve the stress of having the shoulder ball joint pushed into the upper arm (you can see a slot with the same function on his upper leg).

My guess from your description is that there's a bit of excess plastic on the peg that fits into the slot that is coming into contact with the shoulder ball joint, which then pushes it out. Also, it's possible that the slot because slightly deformed during assembly (which is it's "true" purpose after all) and there is no longer enough surface area/friction to keep the part press fit into the slot. Therefore, I'd say that Piggy's method is the one that's most likely to work, as I think you are going to need a touch of glue to keep it in there.

Guest Brainiac
Superglue in a hole you can't see is worse than carving out pieces of the toy !?!?!?

Apply the super glue to the back of the shoulder pad. My '08 Bumblebee was rediculously loose in all his ball joints. I had to disassemble him and put two coats of superglue on the ball joint, let 'em dry and put 'Bee back to together to get him to not be floppy.

Archived