Takara Collection #17 - Predaking?

sickboy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This still sounds too good to be true. I will wait and see until other sites verify this with pics and reviews as well. If true, cool, I wonder what type of packaging they will finally use. :thumb

I concur, it seems somewhat inconsistent with the way Takara has done the other reissues - releasing such a big set, it will cost over twice what #0 did. And while Predaking is cool, I'd expect to see the much more popular Devastator reissued as a giant set before Predaking (although I suppose beast alt-forms are more popular in Japan considering how many additional BW figures were available there).

Regarding the packaging: the rest are all packaged in essentially the same size box (although Inferno is slightly larger, Megs is 2x and #0 convoy is 4x the standard size). I'd think the box would be sized to fit Predaking on the book shelf with the rest of them, be interesting to see if they keep the whole "book" form.

Inconsistent? If there was a pattern in the first place. Takara's reissues have always been unpredictable. There is no conceivable pattern in their choice of reissues. At first we think that they're going to reissue the first generations of TFs first, but suddenly they put in Hot Rod and Stepper. No one also expected the Insections to be reissued in a 3-pack. This is shocking news, but not really inconsistent. Besides, from what it looks, this is really true. After all, if Takara can release the RM version, why not the full-size version that every G1 TFan wants?

Dear lord, this is the coolest reissue yet! And as expensive as it's going to be it's still better than shelling out over $500 for a complete original Predaking set on ebay.

Now all we need are reissues of the Dinobots and Jetfire! I just wonder if there would be any problems with doing a reissue of Jetfire since he was made by Bandai rather than Takara.

Guest Primal-Convoy

Perhaps there was a bit of confusion. Takara recently asked peeps if we want a Predaking to be released as part of Robotmasters, didnt they? there was a thread about it. Perhaps its about taht?

damn you Takara, I just bought a complete metal one. Oh well I'll probably still pick this up anyway and put my original away in storage.

Finally, a chance to get Predaking!

With the extra cost for shipping it's going to be real pricy (Anyone know any reliable stores in Japan who have their website in english?)

This is a very expensive year -- have to talk with my boss about that raise I think I deserve :tftongue

Wonder what other goodies they will re-issue. Am still hoping for an Omega Supreme, Swoop and some others

:clap

finally a G1 big bot ,err combiner, up for re-issue. this is the kind of news i want to read. i'm getting really bored of news about tiny TF's being produced. it's about time Takara will re-issue Predaking (and hopefully the other big bots) in their true scale in which they were originally put out in the market.

i hope this will pull through coz Predaking is the only gestalt team i want to have due to it's cruelty and size. :clap

now regarding this (posted on TFormers);

"Star Saber and Victory Leo are new molds, similar to what has been done with Convoy, Beast Convoy, Beast Megatron, and Starscream in the first two waves. They are believed to be deluxe sized."

new molds but IN DELUXE size? weather in their original mold as long as they are released in their true scale, i'll buy a couple. :clap

Takara, this is for you.... :thumb keep making the G1 TF fan come true!!!! :beer

Perhaps there was a bit of confusion. Takara recently asked peeps if we want a Predaking to be released as part of Robotmasters, didnt they? there was a thread about it. Perhaps its about taht?

Or perhaps the Robotmasters thing got confused with this. After all, this makes a lot more sense than a tiny Predaking remake.

Archived