would Transformers be better off paired with DC rather than Marvel?

SUPREMEQUEEN

While writing and art are definately a big part of it, I think marvel has some more good characters. The only ones from DC that I'm interested in are Batman, Wally's Flash, and Kyle's Green Lantern. Marvel has Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, The Ultimates, Nova, ect.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While writing and art are definately a big part of it, I think marvel has some more good characters. The only ones from DC that I'm interested in are Batman, Wally's Flash, and Kyle's Green Lantern. Marvel has Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Hulk, The Ultimates, Nova, ect.

true, but what i was saying is unless theyre given proper direction by the creative team, theres not much point to it.

true, but what i was saying is unless theyre given proper direction by the creative team, theres not much point to it.

very true, even awesome characters like Spider-Man and the X-Men get their low points story wise. And that's when I stop caring enough to read.

• 2 weeks later...
For me the old Mrvel tf comics are just perfect, hands down.

I like the Marvel stuff when I was 10, but I can barely stand them now. I read the original GI Joe and TF crossover this week, and the stuff that we're getting from IDW and DD is unbelievably better, especially in terms of art.

• 2 weeks later...
For me the old Mrvel tf comics are just perfect, hands down.

I like the Marvel stuff when I was 10, but I can barely stand them now. I read the original GI Joe and TF crossover this week, and the stuff that we're getting from IDW and DD is unbelievably better, especially in terms of art.

Well of course it is they have computers now, as well as 20+ years of experience drawing various different forms. You could say the same thing looking at the 1948 Action Comics #1, and a Superman comic from 1968, and it just boils down to the same thing better tech and more advancements in how to draw, how to tell a good story. The 80's X-men and the modern X-men are vastly different art work wise too. The older stuff is good but ppl have developed better more interesting ways to draw things over the years and art just gets better and better. 20 years from now ppl are going to look back and say the same thing about the comics of today. It is just how it is. Don's TF comics and Alex Ross's painted graphic novels are about the only things that will probably still be considered up there with the more modern stuff 20 years from now.

The art in the marvel TF comics was great for the people and the backgrounds. The actual robots themselves sucked mightily, even compared to other comic robots of their day. The Shogun Warriors for instance were from teh 70s, and they still look good. For comparison, everytime I see marvel Superion I roll my eyes. Perspective was bad, detail was bad. The cartoon looked much better.

exactly. I feel the same way. & not only that, but the DC world has a more "EPIC" feel to it. amost like the DC heros & villians can keep scale against the gigantic TFs a lot better Marvel could. & yes that "Hitler knock off" is no match for Lex's sick mind.

to supremequeen

if any cybertronion was a hitler knockoff it would have to be pred megatron especially when it comes to beast machines

i will however agree with you that g1 megatron dabbled somewhat lightly perhaps in that area when it comes to the bit about the slave camps and legions of aireal extermination hunter killer clone seekers he had under his command in war within vol 3 age of wrath but even he himself realised at the time that every cybertronion be they autobot or decepticon has a role a place and a duty in life to forefill in order for a viable cybertronion society to be maintained in its existance in the long term.

exactly. I feel the same way. & not only that, but the DC world has a more "EPIC" feel to it. amost like the DC heros & villians can keep scale against the gigantic TFs a lot better Marvel could. & yes that "Hitler knock off" is no match for Lex's sick mind.

to supremequeen

if any cybertronion was a hitler knockoff it would have to be pred megatron especially when it comes to beast machines

i will however agree with you that g1 megatron dabbled somewhat lightly perhaps in that area when it comes to the bit about the slave camps and legions of aireal extermination hunter killer clone seekers he had under his command in war within vol 3 age of wrath but even he himself realised at the time that every cybertronion be they autobot or decepticon has a role a place and a duty in life to forefill in order for a viable cybertronion society to be maintained in its existance in the long term.

I believe the Hitler knock off she was speaking of was Dr. Doom not Megatron. Comparing the "chief" sick minded Marvel wide villain while his #1 DC counterpart would have to be Lex since he not only hates 'ol blue boy scout but also all of the rest of the "self styled gods" in the JL.

I agree with you about the Hitleresque way BM Megs acted trying to wipe out all of the organics on Cybertron.

As for the epic feel of the 2 universes I'd have to say that they both have their own epic feeling stories. Though DC has the Green Lantern Corps. again which makes one very large bunch of heroes especially when you factor in the JL, and LoSH, and even though they were only on Batman Beyond you also have the future JL. While Marvel seems to try and stay away from time travel as much as possible and when they do have time travel they show how much it can screw things up. Now Marvel has the Avengers, X-men, and their various X-teams, Fantastic Four, and they also have intergalactic heroes but they are smaller in number like the Shiar empire, and the Starjammers. Though Marvel has had some far flung future stories like Cable's future history, and Bishop coming back in time to stop Gambit from betraying the X-men only to find out years later that it was actually Xavier himself that was the threat. Also lets not forget the 2099 comics featuring far flung future versions of various heroes. Basically what I'm trying to say is that both companies have that epic feel so the 2 of them are just about equal as far as I can see.

Archived