Haggisjin

Your opinion on change  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which are you?

• Change is bad, m'kay?
    • Change is awesome!
    • Change is good, as long as it's not extreme
    • Change is good, as long as it still looks like geewun
    • Transformers achieved perfection in the 80's and change is not needed.

I'm a little curious about where people stand on transformers evolving over the years. For every substantially new and innovative line that comes (beast wars, beast machines, RiD, movie, TF: animated) there's those who applaud the change, and those who hate it with the intensity of a thousand exploding suns. However, you usually only really here from the most vocal members of those camps, so I was wondering how the broader population of the board actually feels.

*I'm suffering from a combination of flu/gastro/ebola and prescription medication withdrawal due to said flu/gastro/ebola so I'm fairly certain that made no grammatical sense, but I can't think well enough to write properly.*

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People who keep complaining about how everything should be Geewun should STFU and stick to buying Geewun stuff.

The reverse is also true. People who keep complaining about how everything should not be Geewun should STFU and stick to buying not-Geewun stuff.

what the hell is wrong with action masters? It gave me a chance to have robots that looked like their cartoon counterparts!

change is excellant when it's in a forward direction, like from armada to energon.... i can even take a sideways step, like cybertron to classics... the movie bots felt, to me, like a step backwards... they felt like the RID autobot brothers, which i love, but they are old design... yaeh they have automorph and aren't as shellformery but they just don't feel as satisfying

i think the animated figures coming out will be excellant for kids and tf's as a whole since they are laying the groundwork for todays kids being us in 20 years ensuring i have tf's into my 50's... do i like these? yeah, i do, they've got an armada like astetic to them while still maintaining the progress of modern articulated design. prime looks cool enough that i may even have to buy yet another one as much as i hate that...

change is a good thing, i wouldn't saw awesome because damnit i like my g1 stuff, but i'm all for change. i hate animated, can't stand what i've seen, don't plan on buying the toys (they look like playskool gobots) or watching the show (srsly hate those kinds of programs), but just because i don't like it don't mean that others can't or that i should wish for it to fail. if it goes on and becomes the norm so be it, theres more than enough old stuff to keep me buying transformers for a long time. if we didn't have beast wars (which, i didn't like) then we wouldn't have what we have today and beast wars is about as dramatic as a change that you can get from g1 days. then we went back to just realistic vehicles, then kiddish/outlandish vehicles, then the vehicles and animals mixed, then went all the way back to g1, then back to realistic vehicles. i mean honestly we can only rehash stuff so much. eventually the franchise will run out of steam. if animated will keep the franchise alive for even a year, than more power to it. without a general audience (meaning not just collectors/fans) the franchise won't last long at all. the movie appealed to a massive general audience (not just kids, but adults as well, which draws in more collector fanbase) and following on the heels of that we have animated (which is a blatent copy of every action cartoon the kids are eating up like Powerglideing hash brownies now-a-days) which draws in an even bigger general audience, and this franchise's life blood, kids.

so yea, change isn't awesome, and it isn't evil, but it's juuuuust right there in the middle for me. (which should have been an option damnit! :P) sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's good, hell sometimes it's Powerglideing terrific, but it can't be all those at the same time so i think if you where generalize change, at least for this franchise, change is good.

what the hell is wrong with action masters? It gave me a chance to have robots that looked like their cartoon counterparts!

Nothing per se, I've got a bunch of them and love them, but they were pretty poorly constructed. Play with them a little and the paint rubs right off and the shoulder joints get all floppy. They were great if they weren't played with.

Anyway, change doesn't bother me. They can do whatever they want with the line, if I don't like it I don't buy it. It's not like if they did one bad line it would totally kill all interest in Transformers for me, it'll just give me an opportunity to catch up on stuff I've missed.

Emerje

Archived