Animated Voyager Starscream : pics & review

Pascal

Same toy/colors, although mine has different red paint apps that the ones shown in the 2nd picture (which are all early versions - they don't even have faction symbols).
Just in case, I was being sarcastic. I know he's blue and not Tcracker. I just wish everyone else knew.
I know that it's the case, now anyway. The point is, there's no real reason as to why Screamer was given Thundercracker's colours. For the movie we all knew why, a grey, red, and blue jet would look out of place in a real world setting. This, however, is a cartoon? What's the reasoning for giving him TC's colour scheme? Why not just colour his blue parts grey, give him some blue highlighting, and call it a day? There doesn't seem to be a reason for the TC scheme. It's liked they changed it "just 'cause." Change for the sake of change is never a good move.
There's a reason for his color. We just dont know it and probably never will. There are several artist involved on this that's something they probably decided they wanted for their Starscream. It doesn't bother me that much. Me, I'm easy. As long as the Toy represents what I'm seeing on TV or other media, I'm good. Now if Screamer was Orange and Purple on the show but his toy is Blue and Red, then I'd have an issue. Like I had an issue with every G1 toy not looking anywhere near as cool as they did on that show. The fact that they have successfully recreated those highly stylized reimagined TFs from into Toy form is very impressive to me and I like the toys better than the shows bots. This Screamer toy is way more bulky and more anime robot looking than I ever imagined.
Oh sure, I had to have a kid the year this stuff comes out. :tfmad *shakes fist ruefully at baby making apparatus*
My Daughter was born a week after Alt Smokescreen hit the shelf and a month before 20th Optimus Prime. That was joyfully depressing. Luckily, Tax returns were the same month. :thumb

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This stuff makes me all the more glad that we got the movie. At least there was one last awesome release before things went to ...this.

What are you gonna do during the next 4 seasons of the new show?

This stuff makes me all the more glad that we got the movie. At least there was one last awesome release before things went to ...this.

Classics 2.0, TF2 line, work on finding figures I want from past lines....I'll keep busy, and I'm sure AutobotMaximal will as well.

I'm as big a 'Screamer fan as you'll find, and this figure doesn't appeal to me at all. The only Animated figure I'm thinking of getting is Blitzwing, and MAYBE Megatron.

Classics 2.0, TF2 line, work on finding figures I want from past lines....I'll keep busy, and I'm sure AutobotMaximal will as well.

I'm as big a 'Screamer fan as you'll find, and this figure doesn't appeal to me at all. The only Animated figure I'm thinking of getting is Blitzwing, and MAYBE Megatron.

What if he was Gray and red? Man, I've posted a lot in this thread. I guess since I want this Fig as much as I wanted all the BT/Alts/MPs/Classics Mirage,BB&Megatron/THS 02/Movie 08BB/Leader Prime It's hard for me to accept that some ppl hate it. :07redface

What if he was Gray and red?

Maybe, I admit giving Starscream the colour scheme of a different seeker is a big detractor, but honestly, I would still probably pass on it. The head annoys me to no end. The chin, dear G-d, that chin is obnoxiously huge. It highlights the problem I have with the series' animation style. They look to much like superheroes/villains and not enough like robots.

Plus, the jet mode is way to cartoony for me. I would prefer it if it looked more like a RL jet.

My Classics 'Screamer, my two Engeron figures, my G1 figure, and my Movie Starscream are more then enough.

Man, I've posted a lot in this thread. I guess since I want this Fig as much as I wanted all the BT/Alts/MPs/Classics Mirage,BB&Megatron/THS 02/Movie 08BB/Leader Prime It's hard for me to accept that some ppl hate it. :07redface

I don't hate this figure, it just doesn't excite me in the way a new Starscream toy usually does.

If you like the figure, that's cool, we all like different things.

Guest Primal-Convoy

If you buy Classics Skywarp, this "Thundercracker" coloured toy and say, the G1 version of Movie Starscream, you could have a nice little "reformatted neo-seeker" group, with each bot having distinct character.

Personally Id like to change the head to the classics version and then Id love it to bits. Im not a fan of the animated head sculps or the movie ones on the whole.

I think Hasbro should make all their toys with the same head socket size so we can all interchange any head onto any bot (thats if the mold lends itself to a ball and socket head attachment).

What have Hasbro got to lose (except their products; heads)?

I think more of us would then buy and mix and match like stickfas.

Yannow,I actually like this figure - but I HATE the head. Count me among the people that will be headswapping when it comesout.

BUT - I'm not giving him a "screamer" head. I'll probably find a totally different head to use, and call him by a new name or something.

Guys, after playing with it again today, I must say I like it better than Movie Starscream, which I already liked a lot. Animated Starscream is just fun, fun, fun. Fun to transform, fun to pose, fun to fly around. The orange bits (piping, cockpit and missiles) really stand out and overall the figure is just dynamic in both modes. Judging by the other pictures I've seen, this toy line looks like it's full of win.

Archived