Movie Scorponok done G1 style!

Rundown

I got tired of waiting for someone else to do this, so here goes. One of the members DID do some really nice digibashes of movie scorpy in a variety of color schemes(sorry, wish i could remember who) and I liked them all. But as far as I know, no one else had enough love for the figure to do him for real. Well, I'm a Scorponok fan all the way back to G1 HM Scorpy, and so, I had to do this. Overall, this worked out better than my Botcon Dirge makeover. I dissasembled the forearms and clearanced them via exacto, so there would be no paint rubbing at the elbows. I also opened up the sockets for the six bug legs so that he can actually stand on the legs without resting on his chassis. This time I used Testors Acrylics, fluorescent green and orange for legs and trim. I used ModelMaster Purple Pearl for the main body and claws. He'll get a coat of sealer tomorrow. The Purple Pearl worked out great, gives him almost a transmetal shine. I wish my camera was better, as I'm really happy with the way he turned out and want to show him off as well as possible. Other than the claw forearms, which are full of gears(so pay attention during disassembly), the tail poses a problem. It's a complex molding, almost like braided steel cables, and made of a softer material, so I was worried about the paint staying attached. So I kinda compromised there, adding paint to the indentations mostly, except at the base and weapon pod. That way it can be handled by the tail without worrying about the paint. I sanded off all the paint apps beforhand so they wouldn't show through as raised patches. I left the copper colored parts alone, as I kinda like them that way. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think!

post-8365-1189904715.jpg post-8365-1189904731.jpg

post-8365-1189904738.jpg post-8365-1189904744.jpg

post-8365-1189904751.jpg post-8365-1189904769.jpg

post-8365-1189904785.jpg post-8365-1189904806.jpg

post-8365-1189904818.jpg post-8365-1189904839.jpg

post-8365-1189904851.jpg post-8365-1189904863.jpg

post-8365-1189904874.jpg post-8365-1189904882.jpg

post-8365-1189904889.jpg post-8365-1189904897.jpg

Yeah, thats exactly the photoshop image I was talking about! I haven't seen it in awhile, gonna have to save that pic. I might try a Black Zarak, if ANY transformers AT ALL could be found anywhere in my area. I just happened to have picked up 2 scorpy's back when they first hit the stores. I seem to be one of the few people that really likes the figure. I know his robo-legs suck, but it's his scorpion mode I like. Thanks for the kind words!

Hey that looks really good! I wasn't a fan of the figure but in scorp mode those colors look awesome! Your paint apps look great too, fantastic work. much props

Thanks for the kind words! After I let the sealer cure overnight, I had to play around with him. Thats when it hit me that, when painted, he kinda reminds me of BW Rampage's crab mode. So I'm considering doing one up like that, maybe a tangerine pearl finish or something along those lines. Anyone think that might look good? I'd have to lose the tail and cap it somehow. This of course depends on if I can find another one anywhere. :(

Archived