White Scorponok?

notpicard

I was watching a tape of Transformers commercials and saw the white & blue G1 Scorponok that appeared in the Micromasters commercial.

Does anyone know why he appeared in those colors?

It doesn't make sense that it would be a prototype Scorponok since the figure had already been released by the time that Micromasters were being made. And it isn't like it is even close to Black Zarak, which wouldn't come until much later.

Here is an image of the German version of the same commercial at Seibertron that I just found to show everyone what I am talking about:

(center thumbnail image)

My brother has a beat up Scorponok and I am thinking that if it had some purpose, it might be cool to make a custom version. Does anyone have any additional images or iinformation?

Kabaya candy toys had a version of Scorpy using that color scheme. I agree w/ Steevy, I'm thinking maybe it was repaint or even possibly a european exclusive that wasn't produced?

It doesn't make sense that it would be a prototype Scorponok since the figure had already been released by the time that Micromasters were being made. And it isn't like it is even close to Black Zarak, which wouldn't come until much later.

Actually, Black Zarak was from 1988, and Micromasters started in 1989.

The white Scorponok isn't the only giant Deception that appears exclusively in Miscromaster commercials. There's also Kyodai Destron Heishi.

Archived