Can someone please define

Ebonsaber

I've been looking around some toy magazines and I often come across the word "Cost Parameters". This is always used by toy designers about toys that they couldn't release, or why certain features were removed before release. I just wanted to get that point clarified and is it one of the major factors as to why a good number of the newer TF's lack overall aesthetics and have less useful features?

like with new cars really.

You see the all new shiny super-duper concept car at a car show, it generates a lot of interest and goes into production, yet to get it to production a lot of changes have to be made...

Basically the mass production machines and tools cannot always do what the designers want and to upgrade to to machines that could would be at huge cost meaning that the item either gets sold for a stupidly high price or would have to sell so many that the market would flood.

Prob best to do a google search on something like 'economies of scale' or 'mass production limitations'

That'll help better!

its all down to designing to a set price tag so when making a basic they dont load it up with electric lights and make it 3ft tall as it wont be as prophetable as a smaller guy with no electronics

Okay, I see. I just thought up of that phrase when I was looking over my A-Megs and wondering if letting his legs move forward would make him too expensive to sell. Apparently there are a lot more factors involved in design than I reckoned.

Okay, I see. I just thought up of that phrase when I was looking over my A-Megs and wondering if letting his legs move forward would make him too expensive to sell. Apparently there are a lot more factors involved in design than I reckoned.

Thats why if you want someone to create a Transformer Series, make sure they can plan in advance on there designs and what problems might evolve, etc when actually being made. Swirl everything up into designs and you should have a good series.

Archived