74-Movie BB Repaint -

Hunter Rose

Took what might seem like exessive force, but mine did pull off. Just make sure you get a good grip on something that's not going to crack.

Didn't realize you were going to flip the foot all the way upside down. You have space to attach a new heel, or is that part under the launchers in car mode?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the head off!

And since he cant stand when his heels are flipped (unless i attache a new foot to what used to be his heel) i am just doing his legs normal for now.

I went with a combo of black, silver, and gold highlights or his body colors.

Progress:

BodyWip2.jpg

BodyWIP1.jpg

So although i do like the detailing so far - i wonder if its getting lost in the sea of black.

Almost done with the head too - as soon as it dries some - i will post the progress there.

Any suggestions on detailing?

What about his center bit? i was thinking just a decep symbol there.... but anyone have any suggestions?

ALSO - The Decal paper is pretty expensive - anyone willing or able to just print off a few small things for me so i dont have to buy a whole decal set?

EDIT: Hands come from Wreckage.

:clap & :thumb

Looking great, HR! I love the detail work y'did to the 'missle pods' behind Quintin's head.

I wish there was some way, without ditching Bumblebee's launchers to design some new feet for the guy. If you flip up his current feet, they make some decent shin(? I think that's the area I'm thinking of.) guards.

Aoi

What did you do with the car panels from the arms? Personal do what I did, glue them to his "Wings" that way hes get whole doors for wings, personally I think it looks kool!

The car panels are all on him - the black just hides them a lil. Interesting idea about making them part of the wings... do you have pics of that??

:clap & :thumb

Looking great, HR! I love the detail work y'did to the 'missle pods' behind Quintin's head.

I wish there was some way, without ditching Bumblebee's launchers to design some new feet for the guy. If you flip up his current feet, they make some decent shin(? I think that's the area I'm thinking of.) guards.

Aoi

I dont understand where you are making the connection between the launchers and the feet...

I did try to make the legs backwards but it causes stability issues. I do not have the KB skills to create a new foot and heel for him in the reverse leg mode. (seem my first posts on this concept). Anyway - after some thought - i think its a better idea in theory than in execution - the reversed legs give him a chunky Alt-Prowl look... which is fine... but at odds with the skeleton motif i am going for.

The feet/launcher things was just a 'in-general' rant. Sorry. ^_^; If anyone manages to make new feet for him, it'd sacrifice the little storage area...wait never mind. I just was looking at how the foot transforms..it looks like the it'd actually be the lower trunk that suffers...so ignore me on that little rant. ^_^;;

Anywho, to get back on topic. The head looks great! The red on the mouth/chin/jaw area really evens it out with the eyes. I like.

Also, an idea for what to do on the decal sheets. Instead of picking up a pack of them, maybe pick up a set of non-precut label sheets. They come in white or clear, so then you could print out your decals, trim them out and use the rest for various types of labels or further designs. I can't recall the price off hand, though.

Aoi

That is one scary looking (in a good way) bot. The red windows really pop too. Also forgot to mention I really like the proto prime hands on there.

Like Aoi said, wouldn't it be easier to use white labels and just cut them to shape? Should be able to find some cheap at staples or someplace like that.

Archived