74-Movie BB Repaint -

Hunter Rose

I keep thinking that the 74-MBB mold would look great in Black.

And the first thing that occured to me is that if he was black - then he would look like Tarantino's DeathProof Car.

deathproof.jpg

I might actually do this - so i started playing around in photoshop to practice.

The graphic of the skull and cross bones is just one i Googled - but the skull part would be on the hood flap (that reveals, dun-dun-Dun! the skull head), but that would leave the cross bones in bot mode.

One of the things that would have to happen of course is - if you paint all the car parts black -then the Robot parts would have to be something contrasty - I figured a brushed steel/Silver would work (better than white anyway).

The other major change is that I rotated his legs around - i think with a couple of little cuts - this could actually work and it would make the figure look different from BB.

One small detail - I moved up his headlights as if they were super glued all together.

BBbashIdea1.jpg

I also might want to swap out the head - but i cant figure how to get it off.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

EDIT: WiP and more pics all the way through but here is the semi final pix:

Wgun1.jpg

Alt5.jpg

EDIT: 9/14/07

FINISHED!

Pics of finish figure on Page 2!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this is a really cool concept. You could do the bot parts in an ivory/bone white with a bit of an earth brown wash maybe. The current head makes a pretty good skull, but if you want to swap in you can just pull it off the ball-joint.

Also the legs are backwards on your digi. The wheel wells should face each other if they rotate around. You'd also need to rotate at the ankle and hip to keep the feet facing that way.

But it shouldn't be too hard to work out the details. I say go for it.

Wow, this is a really cool concept. You could do the bot parts in an ivory/bone white with a bit of an earth brown wash maybe. The current head makes a pretty good skull, but if you want to swap in you can just pull it off the ball-joint.

Also the legs are backwards on your digi. The wheel wells should face each other if they rotate around. You'd also need to rotate at the ankle and hip to keep the feet facing that way.

But it shouldn't be too hard to work out the details. I say go for it.

I know that the wheels would end up on the insides of his ankels - but i got tired of photoshopping -it was quite a pain.

But i think i can just "mistransform" his ankes. It seems that all there is stopping it is a little nub that serves no real purpose -and just needs to be filed down.

Does his head really just - pull off?

I did the ankle mod, as well as trimming the torso so that the ches lays a bit more flat. I also glued the headlights into place.

The ankle mod is kinda neat however BB has no stability with it. So for the time being i am going to keep his legs normal.

AnkleMod14.jpg

AnkleMod.jpg

So my questions at this stage are:

1) How to remove his head. Does it really pop right off?

2) How do you all recommend thinning the paint?

3) Body Color - Someone recommended a Bone/Ecru but i am still leaning towards brushed steel. Any other suggestions?

Also if the body is black to start - do i still need to do a coat of Black before i do the silver to get that neato brushed steel look?

4) Is there a reasonably easy/effective way to eliminate the Chest Automorph feature?

Looking forward to seeing where this is going, HR! Have y'thought of a name for him?

As for for body paint, hopefully this sounds like a good idea. Both the Brushed Steel, and the Bone/Earth Brown Wash sound like it'd be a great idea...so how about mixing them? Make certain details brushed silver(missile launchers, portions of the arms to look freshly replaced..) and the other details bone like the hands and such?

Aoi

Looking forward to seeing where this is going, HR! Have y'thought of a name for him?

As for for body paint, hopefully this sounds like a good idea. Both the Brushed Steel, and the Bone/Earth Brown Wash sound like it'd be a great idea...so how about mixing them? Make certain details brushed silver(missile launchers, portions of the arms to look freshly replaced..) and the other details bone like the hands and such?

Aoi

actually i am kinda going in that direction..

As for name - the only one i can think of right now is "Quentin" - but i am up for suggestions.

Archived