Robot Replicas Barricade (updated with pics)

trench

Still waiting for that "proper" picture.

:redface

I was messing with him last night when it occured to me that I hadn't posted the picture I promised - so I considered taking one and posting it then thought, "Nah, that thread's dead and buried."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Having just today picked up RR Barricade, I remembered this thread and decided to have a look. His feet actually appear to be correctly installed left to right, as shown here:

This scene is Sam's first encounter w/ Barricade, just as B'cade has thrown Sam onto the car windshield. B'cade is facing the camera as he comes skidding to a stop (cool detail, BTW), and his right leg is visible. The right-side circled part is his right foot, and the 2 projections seen are correctly depicted in his Robot Replicas version. By way of confirmation, the left-hand circled part is the part of his upper leg that we've established was installed flipped side to side.

PowerDVD rules. So does RR Barricade, once you get him put together correctly.

By the way, RR Jazz: upper arms are on backwards. Sigh...

I noticed that the day I got him and promptly corrected it. I'm thinking of buying a second RR Jazz so he doesn't have two weird non-uniform hands. He'll have closed fists or open hands.

Now with pics!

Here's what I think Barricade should look like correctly assembled:

Lower legz and feets:

post-3095-1194367920_thumb.jpg

Upper arms (front):

post-3095-1194368046_thumb.jpg

Upper arms (back) - those silver details are actually his tail-lights, one of these days I plan to paint some clear red over the silver:

post-3095-1194368006_thumb.jpg

Oh, and Jazz's upper arms:

post-3095-1194368132_thumb.jpg

My guess is the upper arms on both those guys got switched because it puts more painted details to the front, which is probably a little more visually appealing when the toy is in the package.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived