Hidden/missable steps in transformation

Terrorcon Blot

Movie Scout Skyblast: When done, you can "fold" the cockpit/jetnose back and down abit from his head. Not in the instructions.. tho guessing most will figure it out. (Not to mention how the picture on the box magically has the jet nose folded back, AND turned, so it's pointing downwards on his back. No swivle joints on my Skyblast that makes that possible tho :o)

Or just refer to the instructions for Energon Skyblast who was the original.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also Barricade has toes; just flip 'em up. (Not in the instructions I think?)

I took em as Klingon boot spike dealies!

SWINDLE:- His roof section has an extra grey pivot that you can use to force the springing head into a more raised position and stops the "turtle hiding his head" look to him.

Do you have any example pix to show this for SWINDLE? I couldn't find this grey pivot...

hpim1113rj2.th.jpg

Just tilt the spring-loaded section up a bit and the grey bit should catch on the notch in the bumper.

Also Barricade has toes; just flip 'em up. (Not in the instructions I think?)

I took em as Klingon boot spike dealies!

SWINDLE:- His roof section has an extra grey pivot that you can use to force the springing head into a more raised position and stops the "turtle hiding his head" look to him.

Do you have any example pix to show this for SWINDLE? I couldn't find this grey pivot...

hpim1113rj2.th.jpg

Just tilt the spring-loaded section up a bit and the grey bit should catch on the notch in the bumper.

:thumb :clap

Just got a ma-hoo-ssive order through from HLJ - so far I have discovered:

Attachment points under '76 Bumblebee's arms for his 'plasma cannons' (underside of the elbow).

If you fold all the bits of Ironhide's roof/windscreen into position, then press down on the right point it seems to automorph flat to his back.

Is leader Optimus meant to speak? the Japanese one doesn't...

So I posted how I couldn't figure out Brawl's transformation. Well, I have it down, now... so I figured I'd add in a hidden thing, not marked in the instructions:

on top of the top turret, there are two indentations above the twin barrels. These are, in fact, buttons. In other words, you do NOT need to rotate the top turret to activate the sound effects.

So that just leaves a mystery wire. If you lift up the turret and look under it, you'll see two wires going to the main base of the body. I have no clue what electronics these hook up to.

Edit: Err.. nevermind, duh. Those wires go to the switch on his chest, which fires 3 of his 4 sounds (cannon 1 or 2, guns, top cannons) in sequence.

on top of the top turret, there are two indentations above the twin barrels. These are, in fact, buttons. In other words, you do NOT need to rotate the top turret to activate the sound effects.

Doh! I never even noticed such a thing. Idiot, idiot, idiot. :tard

Doh! I never even noticed such a thing. Idiot, idiot, idiot. :tard

As I said, I don't think anyone has. None of the reviews mention the buttons, nor do the instructions.

Archived