Hidden/missable steps in transformation

Terrorcon Blot

I was thinking a few people garner negative reaction to the toys, or don't appreciate them as much because of easily missed steps in transformation. Be it vital, aesthetic, or just glazed over, the movie TFs are the most easily mistransformed guys since Beast Machines.

So we'll gather the info here.

Protoform Starscream: He actually has a transformation step to fix his legs. Tug on his legs near the ball joint. His legs will click out once, and more of the balljoint will be revealed. Doing this makes his legs a little more further apart.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leader Megs? The leg bending bit, the spring in the arms...

Deluxe Brawl: Let's ignore his arms for a second. We all know his shoulder problems. This won't discuss those.

Cannon - on his right arm, rotate his cannon around 180 degrees and slide it forward. This puts his molded "gatling gun" arm forward instead.

"Catchers" - His chest mine sweepers are meant to angle downward, but point forward. However, there's little way to get them to look aesthetically pleasing, so on the toy there is no "proper" way to transform them.

Legs - Grab the lower tread on his shins. Pull lightly, then push back. This should hinge on the back of the leg, and reveal more molded robot shin parts. Also, the angled back leg kibble now offers more stability for a wider foot-print.

Deluxe Brawl:

Legs - Grab the lower tread on his shins. Pull lightly, then push back. This should hinge on the back of the leg, and reveal more molded robot shin parts. Also, the angled back leg kibble now offers more stability for a wider foot-print.

:eek

Thats Awesome!

Deluxe Brawl:

:eek

Thats Awesome!

Woa I thought that was obvious, as with rotatitng the fuel tanks on the back to become dinosaur like back toes.

Real Gear High Score 100:

Though most real gears are pretty obvious (They're basics, for crying out loud), High Score's waist joint is a little hidden. Just unclip his pelvis, and reclick it until aligned better. This gives him waist articulation, and better posture.

Also Barricade has toes; just flip 'em up. (Not in the instructions I think?)

Bonecrusher has two small tabs that fold up (located on his shoulders) that give him more majesty, I guess. I don't remember seeing them mentioned in the instructions.

Archived