Winged Movie Jazz

Tahl'eN

After looking at the way Jazz trensforms, I picked up a spare to try a modification out on. I'm not unhappy with the results, but I'm trying to come up with another idea to try on the other side.

My problems with this mod are the cut that is visible from the outside when he's in Alt mode, and how floppy the wing is in robot mode. Love the way it looks, though.

The mod involved unscrewing the doors from Jazz's legs, and attaching them to his shoulders with a short length of wire (yes, a paper clip). I still need to cut the struts that used to connect to the screws from the interior of the doors, and figure out a better way to attach the wire to the doors than scotch tape.

Suggestions for different ways to connect any of it, or ways to stiffen the hinge would be appreciated.

post-8015-1188120468_thumb.jpg

post-8015-1188120476_thumb.jpg

You could re-inforce the connection with something like putty (aves fixit or bondo, etc.)

you could also look for hinge donations from other bots. Check out Depthcharge for example...

Damn sweet. That should also improve his articulation in robot mode, right? Since his arms no longer bump into his fat door thighs?

Moreover, his lower leg kibble won't hit the doors now, better leg poses. Nice!

• 6 months later...

This is what kills me... a simple detail like

MOUNTING THE DOOR IN THE RIGHT SPOT

are things that H-bo will forget, but they'll release Nightwatch OP...

Great job on this discovery that would've made this easily passable toy impossible to resist.

Archived