TFAuctions.com Dead at last?

arceeproto

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

www.studiocougar.com is no longer just inactive but appears to be hosting for someone else - does this mean that studiocougar won't actually be up and running by 2008 as david claims? Is he just trying to save face? Theres also quite a number of artists on deviantart apparently unhappy to discover this thread, I expect his reputation could be the downfall of Cougar and the comic. Or will Simon Furman still support it? The associated press of a new comic book release will surely be tarnished by the discovery of information that the guy behind cougar is a thief and potentially a fraudster?

hmmm looks like its been sold off since its giving me all this reseller stuff on the right hand side... i feel sorry for the artists who signed up to work for him since id feel very iffy about it

I didn't know it was dying.
Seems like it was dying anyway and Ravenscroft ended up ripping a few people off in the process. The only problem for him is that now he's trying to come back and release this comic with Simon Furman the people who he ripped off are speaking out within the tf community. People in the tf community just want to enjoy the whole tf thing and don't like so-called tf enthusiasts like Ravenscroft ripping off honest people, so speaking out is/has damaged the potential of the comic and possibly stopped its production altogether. It seems like having his name dragged through the mud is a pretty easy letting off, considering the quantities of money he ripped. Even if he does get the comic up and running tfauctions will probably never be trusted again.
hmmm looks like its been sold off since its giving me all this reseller stuff on the right hand side... i feel sorry for the artists who signed up to work for him since id feel very iffy about it
Me too - there are a few artists off deviantart who are really pissed to find this stuff out.

• 4 weeks later...

More like the bill wasn't paid on the domain. :tflaugh

i got a note a few weeks ago from one of the artists involved in his project and well i don't think any of them are happy about how things are going some have dropped out others are still being promises stuff...

also it looks like the site it back up http://www.tfauctions.com/

More like the bill wasn't paid on the domain. :tflaugh

Dude, I never paid the bill on MY web hosting... :tfhuh

EDIT: I forgot I pay for my domain but nothing else because I'm elite.

• 2 months later...

It's seven monts later, to the day since my first posting on this subject.

In seven months I have recieved one single e-mail stating that he was sorry for waking me up so early to yell at me and that he would be making good on the charity auction and other goods he'd promised me. That was on August 27th of 2007.

Since that e-mail. Nothing. No contact. No goods. No money. No advertising. No follow up. ZERO.

In the last 4 or so years I've been involved in this community and making toys, I've done some really stupid things and have made my share of enemies. I have not however ever cheated, lied or stolen from anyone. In chases where people felt that they had been treated less than fair and I was aware of the problem, I've contacted them directly and worked out the issue untill we were both happy.

I know what its like to be busy. Full time job, family, toy projects after hours, Ebay auctions, shipping, casting, molding, on and on. I can say with complete confidence that there is time to do the right thing. And for what Dave has chosen to do, there is no excuse.

http://www.tfauctions.com/ - Down

http://www.cougarhq.com/ - Down

http://www.studiocougar.com/site/ - Online (Along with Jeep, Lotus, Quantum, Subaru, Fast Quality Printing, BOEING is listed as "coming on board soon". )

I have not contacted any English authorities as I said I would at the end of last year. I just haven't had the time to waste on something I don't belive will help.

One last thing.

I think his adds should be truthfull and clear. Here's what I propose:

studiocougarlies.gif

I'm even happy to go one step further with this. Dave claims he's got sponsors? I think they should know about this thread and have the opertunity to read about all the people he's lied, cheated, and stolen from.

Here's some links to his sponsors, do like I've done and contact them with both this information and if you've had business dealings with him, how they turned out. Be clear and above all be honest.

JEEP

Lotus

Quantum Quads

Subaru

Boeing

Studio Cougar Web Designer (Email link)

Lastly I've got a personal message for you Dave. If you're reading this I'd like to thank you for another 7 months of lies, cheating and stealing. I really wanted to believe you could change. But at this point I don't see how that can happen.

- Hal

RSP 2008

Archived