TFAuctions.com Dead at last?

arceeproto

Sigh, really sorry to hear it battlestar. Welcome to the: I was scammed by David Ravenscroft Club

Try not to let it get you down. The world is filled with people like that. You did the right thing trying to help someone. Don't give up being a good person because of one rotten egg. Else we're just like them.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh, really sorry to hear it battlestar. Welcome to the: I was scammed by David Ravenscroft Club

Try not to let it get you down. The world is filled with people like that. You did the right thing trying to help someone. Don't give up being a good person because of one rotten egg. Else we're just like them.

He will get what's coming to him, mark my words. Makes me wonder how this guy can sleep at night, knowing full well that he's stolen and lied to so many people.

• 2 weeks later...

He will get what's coming to him, mark my words. Makes me wonder how this guy can sleep at night, knowing full well that he's stolen and lied to so many people.

Man, it really sucks to know that I wasn´t the only one cheated by David Ravenscroft, My situation it's quite similar to battlestar's, the guy contacted me last december saying that he was from a "studio" and requested me to do 2 full colour pinups of the good and bad guys of the cougar story, stating that payment would be due to january 28, so I trusted the guy and I gave him the benifit of the doubt, even though I did not sign the "contract" he sent me because I had the funny feeling that there was something fishy about it (lesson n° 1: learned.) and I did them, just sent jpg versions (sorta hi-res), and before I knew it, it was january 29 and nothing happened. Days later, after I insisted in contacting him he told me the sad story of him moving from his old house and having a baby an crap like that, in that very moment I knew exactly the kind of fraudster I was dealing with. I contacted him several times, but every time he answered something as stupid as " next week I'll write you an email with a 100% sure date for your payment"..here it is: " payment his now being processed and will be in your paypal account by Monday no later !Thanks for your Patience with regards to the payment it has taken us longer than expected due to paypal verification issues. Regards Dave "

that was in MAY. and the months went by. I told my fellow artist I work with in some serious studios here and they encouraged me to insist on pushing the guy even more, just to see how far the bullshit would go ( knew I'd never get my money), he told me that my paypal account wasn´t working, which wasn´t so because I get payments on a regular basis, but I said "yeah maybe", but the I sent more mails telling him the account was perfectly operational and he gave me more future dates......but still requesting me not to show the art I had done "for free" to anybody..man, what kind of studio is that??anyway, it wasn´t until I wrote him telling him that enough is enough and that since he never paid me and it seemed he'd never do it to forget about the whole thing, and I would show my art to anyone I want and that i had included it in my portfolio, (actually I did, but for some reason the guy still thinks I kind of posted it or sent it to publishers and what not) in fact every art director I've met have liked my illustrations of the cougar guys, but one of them googled the guy after I told him my story and them sent me the link to this very forum and thread:). he then wrote me back saying that he was sorry and that if they didn't pay by september 29th (yesterday) would be free to do whatever I want with my illustrations and show them and all, but then he wrote me another email saying that "after showing my last email to his workmates at studio cougar- wonder if those guys get paid, if they are not imaginary friends- they would pay the money he owed me -for a job I had already done in the most professional way MONTHS ago- only after I privide them the names and websites of every publisher I had sent their precious material to.....well, well, well...........that was it.

I had told him not to contact me anymore but the dude was worried, and he still is. then he threw a couple of pathetic emails reminding me that I was failing at sending him the info he had requested...or....no money...for me.........Then I knew the poor boy has really serious ego-related issues and that he indeed was thinking he had some kind of power or serious influence. today he wrote me an "ultimatum" email (finally) saying taht I had to stop posting damaging comments on his deviantart page unless "your going to tell everyone what you have brought upon yourself." he can't be serious. I get stolen...and then blackmailed....and now threatened. pfff

Well, I have read this whole thread many times in the past months and I could not help but registering tonight and share my experience with you guys, I really hope it can be usefull to anyone, artist or TF fan. I might post this same comment in my blogs and everywhere because I'm really glad I found real artists and studios after my "cougar" incident, but I had no experience whatsoever and the whole thing was, at least for some weeks, a very discouraging time regarding the industry and the kind of specimens you might find swarming around.

Life is great now, anyway :P

Hi guys, i'm Boo and i got diddled by David right at the start of his Cougar stuff..... i really got tired of seeing everyone being done over by him so i finally made a journal about it over on DA - http://theboo.deviantart.com/journal/

lol i know LOTS of artists who had the same happen to them as me, because frankly we are all far too polite in the industry to talk about scammers.... which leaves us open to crap like this.

Of course i dont want to see people done over, but it does make me glad to hear off everyone that i wasnt the only one years ago :P

all the best

Boo

• 3 weeks later...

"after showing my last email to his workmates at studio cougar- wonder if those guys get paid, if they are not imaginary friends

Rest assured, there is nobody else working at 'Studio Cougar' - he does not even have an office (that he advertised on his old site - which is now gone), or a legal team (he actually told me he had one!!!).

Anyway, I have some very interesting news regarding this story - and it will really screw him over. With plenty more to come hopefully.

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD DAVE!!! :yay;)

More details to follow shortly...

I notice his deviant art page is looking a little barren - apart from all the 'hidden by owner' posts! And I know his whereabouts if anyone else feels like tracking him down and taking the scumbag to court. The more CCJ's this guy has the more it will screw up his financial future.

Oh, I got a phone call from him not long after posting on this site, he hung up at first, then rang again asking for the David Ravenscroft Fan Club - I replied 'Hello - go F*** YOURSELF.' What a thought - a David Ravenscroft Fan Club! Memebership = 0

Carry on phoning Dave, all the calls are logged mate...

:note And the beat goes on... :note

Sorry to hear more people are getting bonked by Dave. Are either of you guys in the UK? Sounds like a couple more small claims would turn into a big claim. I know if he was over here in the USA, he'd be in a real doodoo.

^Doodoo to say the least. We Americans do our talking with fists and various other weaponry. *sigh* the violence, it becomes me.

^Doodoo to say the least. We Americans do our talking with fists and various other weaponry. *sigh* the violence, it becomes me.

Well, Enough is enough. I have posted the pics I had the "company`s blessing" to show if I didn`t get paid by september 5th and here http://fargnay.deviantart.com/art/U-P-G-F-D-R-2-141734383 and here http://fargnay.deviantart.com/art/U-P-G-F-D-R-1-141733961 , as you all know the famous man, nothing happened then or later. I even waited almost two extra months. I also shared this thread and my cougar experiene in my DA journal here http://fargnay.deviantart.com/journal/ .

I have the feeling it ain`t over for him, I know many other people seeks justice.....:P

Anyway. Cougar issue: over.

• 2 years later...

Archived