TFAuctions.com Dead at last?

arceeproto

If this doesn't work and you still can't get your money back or the items you were promised, I'd recommend legal action. No-one wants to seem litigious but I work in the legal system and people do sue for less. This guy sounds like a jerk and you should get everything you were promised, especially since you've paid a large amount for it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rodimus Max,

I agree completely.

Ive run into several problems.

1. He's in the UK I'm in the US.

2. Its WAY past the deadline for PayPal (which I used to pay) to start a case.

3. I've looked into legal representation and it will cost me almost as much as I lost to sue him. Not really worth my time since I'd get about $50 back after all was said and done, assuming a finding in my favor, and a boatload of additional hassle in the bargain.

4. Dave, in my opinion is a complete deadbeat. I believe he's got nothing. No money, no honor, and nothing to sue. Even if I won he'd still have to pay and I think he's ass broke. It'd be like squeezing blood from a stone.

I treated him like I treat all people I encounter, with honestly, friendship and trust. He took those and threw them back at me and then got upset when I protested. I think he's a bonifide liar, con-man and cheat. He's a triple threat.

LOL.

If you know anyone who'd be interested in helping me recover my losses with this guy I'm more than happy to accept help. I am seriously considering sending my case and information to Hasbro UK and The Red Cross. If this isn't resolved by the end of the year I will be. Maybe that makes me even more of a sucker but I really try to believe in people. Even if they don't deserve it.

- Hal

And the latest from Dave:

His e-mail after his 5:00am call... and my reply...

My reply first followed by his mail to me....

I'll believe it all when I see it.

It comes down when you make good.

I'm sorry its come to this but I have to stand up and say enough.

- Hal

[ removed by admin ]

I don't think I've said anything wrong about Cougar, Fenrir, Furman, or any of this dealings. Its been total opinion an speculation on my end. That is, afterall, my right as an American. I get to say whatever I feel, and so does everybody else.

Unless something changes and or Dave makes good.

I'm taking nothing down. I'm sure his sponsors and Simon Furman would like to know if they're involved with someone unreliable. I know I would've liked to have been given advance warning.

- Hal

And the latest from Dave:

His e-mail after his 5:00am call... and my reply...

My reply first followed by his mail to me....

I'll believe it all when I see it.

It comes down when you make good.

I'm sorry its come to this but I have to stand up and say enough.

- Hal

I don't think I've said anything wrong about Cougar, Fenrir, Furman, or any of this dealings. Its been total opinion an speculation on my end. That is, afterall, my right as an American. I get to say whatever I feel, and so does everybody else.

Unless something changes and or Dave makes good.

I'm taking nothing down. I'm sure his sponsors and Simon Furman would like to know if they're involved with someone unreliable. I know I would've liked to have been given advance warning.

- Hal

OUCH, I am sorry to hear about your problems man. I can only say you are not the only one. I too am owed a lot of stuff for numerous favors and contests we've run for TFauctions. FWIW, we too have been VERY patient well over a year now waiting for what has been promised. I have also received complaints that people who were owed prizes from contests sponsored by TFAuctions were not delivered as promised. However, I cannot confirm if they have been since or not. If you were one of those people who didn't get your prizes, please PM me about it.

Dave if you are reading this, please man. You need to make good on your deals with people. No one hates you or is trying to take advantage of you. However leading people on is not going be tolerated. The truth is to date you have gotten a lot of support professionally and in kind from people and its not been returned as you promised over and over. That is not fair and you know that all you need to do is make good on your end of your agreements with people and all this will be cleared up. Come on buddy, I like you and want to be pals but at some point enough is enough.

I am sorry to everyone for how this looks. Please don't pile on anyone for the mistakes they make. I am confident things will be worked out and jolly again. :thumb

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering why the hell there has been absolutely zero happening at TFAuctions for the last several months.

arceeproto, what exactly DID you get in that box you picked up from Dave in England? I'm just curious.

Does anyone know if the money made from this stuff even made it to the Katrina charities they were supposed to go to??

Not trying to stir the pot here, just wanted to know.

I was wondering why the hell there has been absolutely zero happening at TFAuctions for the last several months.

arceeproto, what exactly DID you get in that box you picked up from Dave in England? I'm just curious.

Does anyone know if the money made from this stuff even made it to the Katrina charities they were supposed to go to??

Not trying to stir the pot here, just wanted to know.

Iron Maniac,

I got a couple cardboard backed games, kind of a mini-pinball game with a plastic ball and a plastic launcher... blister plastic front with internal stuff... very low quality.

I think a spark gun... the kind where you pull the trigger and sparks shoot out the tip and some other stuff I don't remember.

Nothing like what I was told I would get. I should have taken a picture of it to show exactly what was there but really I wasn't thinking like that at the time.

I was told on the phone earlier that year and in person with Dave that there was loads more coming and that it was being shipped.

I also didn't recieve the move I purchased from a seperate seller on TFAuctions. I talked to Dave about it and he said he had it and that he would send it along with my stuff.

To date.

Nothing.

Iron Maniac,

I got a couple cardboard backed games, kind of a mini-pinball game with a plastic ball and a plastic launcher... blister plastic front with internal stuff... very low quality.

I think a spark gun... the kind where you pull the trigger and sparks shoot out the tip and some other stuff I don't remember.

Nothing like what I was told I would get. I should have taken a picture of it to show exactly what was there but really I wasn't thinking like that at the time.

I was told on the phone earlier that year and in person with Dave that there was loads more coming and that it was being shipped.

I also didn't recieve the move I purchased from a seperate seller on TFAuctions. I talked to Dave about it and he said he had it and that he would send it along with my stuff.

To date.

Nothing.

Wow, no Transformers at all in the "big box", just dollar store junk. That's horrible dude.

I hope you eventually get all the stuff that is owed to you, arceeproto.

I also hope the money he made from the auction at least went to the Katrina victims, they really needed it.

• 1 month later...

Not meaning to stir things up but.

From the various sites I am a member of and the site I am not a member of the guy comes off as a sophisticated fraudster. This is not new people have set up fake sites that look legit since the start of the web. Sites like fake shops, faked bank sites etc.. The fact he keeps stating support from Hasbro and others gives him an air of authority and genuine good will which he uses to take all he can with little worry about peoples feelings or money. I am surprised that Hasbro haven't given him an ultimatum to cease and desist. He says that peoples posts such as yours are damaging his sponsors reputations, NO NO NO, HE is doing the damage to Hasbro AND the fandom, HE is damaging the reputations of other stores online, and I think that sending messages to both Hasbro and Takara informing them of issues like we witness regularly with him is the wisest choice.

Archived