TFAuctions.com Dead at last?

arceeproto

www.tfauctions.com

Anybody know what ultimately happend to Dave and his site?

I got involved with him years ago with the "Charity Auction" for Hurricane Katrina.

I waited ages for anything to come of my $600+ I spent on the winning "HEAP of TOYS" that was advertised in the auction.

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=34076

http://TFormers.com/article.php?sid=5029

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/new..._by_robots.html

I met up with him in England at one point and recieved several small items in a used Non-Hasbro box that didn't retail for more than $20 and were certianly not from Hasbro direclty as advertised.

I was promised the following as he described to me what came in the "Big Box" from Hasbro:

Black Unicron

Several Alternators

Bunch of Minicons

Bunch of Deluxe

Bunch of other various stuff.

"The box is HUGE and weighs a ton!"

I gave Dave two of our limited figures - A CyberFembot and an Ancient that were displayed at his "booth" at AutoAssembly a year or so ago.

http://www.cyberfembot.com/CustomToys/Owners/TFA.htm

I helped him out with his "advertisements" a while back

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showto...p;hl=tfauctions

I talked back and forth with him for the better part of 2 years until now his site is gone, he's apparently gone and I've STILL not gotten what I was promised.

Oh yea. I'm still waiting for the Transformers Reconstructed DVD I won at TFAuctions more than a year ago now. Though at this point I'm sure its gone the way of all the other things that I was promised from Dave. In that big HUGE box of lies that he managed to string me along with for more than 2 years.

I'm looking for any information on what's happened to Dave and if anyone else got the shaft from him?

Thanks!

- Hal

RSP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found this:

http://studiocougar.com/

And this:

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2007/08/2...-wrap-cougar-1/

Which mention Dave's baby, Cougar (You know the transforming Jeep that isn't Swindle or Hound or Rollbar... its a BRAND NEW AND ORIGINAL Jeep.

And His Arch Enimy Fenrrir, no not the Norse God Wolf Fenrir... the Happwell Roadbot Humvee copy Fenrir.

Looks like Simon Furman is drinking the David Ravenscroft Cool-Aid heavily now too.

www.cougarhq.com - Dave's original cougar site with the staute pics and such is "down for maintanence" and has been for many months.

You do remember Cougar right? http://TFormers.com/ig.php?mode=album&...800&start=0

I guess we'll see how this all turns out. I think I find it most interesting that the studiocougar site lists Jeep - BMW and Subaru as sponsors... I wonder how much they've actually contributed or if they even know they're logos are being used.

- Hal

Just in!

Dave called me this morning at 5:00am PST. I can't tell you how pleased I was to be woken up that early and yelled at.

In between telling me that I better @#$@#$ take down this post and that his sponsers, specifically BMW would be "in contact" I got the distinct impression that he was upset with me for sharing my bad experiences with him.

I told him at 5:05am that when he fufilled his end of the Charity auction and sent me both the items from that as well as the movie he owed me, I'd be happy to say that he'd lived up to his end of the deal and be done with it.

However, that message didn't seem to get through so in the middle of a loud angry tirade, which woke up my son in the next room it was so loud, I hung up on him. Sorry Dave, it was really early and I just couldn't listen to any more crap.

I went back to bed quietly swearing and beginning to wish I'd never heard of David Ravenscroft.

9:10am rolls around.

Dave calls again. This time he says he's calmed down and he again ask me to take down this post saying that its damaging his reputation and the reputations of his sponsors. And that hes worked out toy deals with HappyWell toys and that both Cougar and Fenrir are not copies of anything, they're his own orignial ideas. Whatever. He then proceeded to tell me how the work that I and RSP have done has been nothing but "rip offs of Hasbro ideas". At this point I told him that I would take down the stuff about Cougar and Fenrir, and the rest when he shipped me what I was owed. And said I had to go.. which I did, to work.

I should note that at no point during either of the two conversations did he say when or if he'd be sending along my items. Not once.

The bottom line for me is that I was promised things that I'll likely never recieve. I put out HUNDREDS of dollars in both goods and services and I have NOTHING to show for it.

$600 for Charity Auction - Small box of 4 items that looked like they came from a dollar store.

$200 in GI Joe Six Sigma figures (including shipping) that I bought, packed and shipped at Dave's request as he told me that they were unavailable in the UK. He actualy recieved this box and its contents and confirmed how happy he was with them. This was done as a friendly gesture on my part, something you might do for a collegue who asks you a favor.

$350 in CyberFemobt goods

$100 in Ancient goods

$100 in custom video work done ( never asked for a penny)

As I see things I'm $1350 into dave (cash out of my pocket) and I've gotten little to nothing back. Sure some of this was out of friendly generosity.. but its not been recipricated. Nothing.

Oh yea... There was also the Cougar Statue that he's promised me... And Add space in his "comic" as well as a listing on TFAuctions in the categories section.

Zip - Nadda - Nothing.

I guess we'll see how many times he calls my house tomorrow morning.

- Hal

RSP

That "Box o Transformers" thing, I remember that. I remember wanting it.

Where in the UK does this guy live?

He lives in the Manchester area...

I was in England in 2006 with my family visiting my wife's mother and we met in Manchester at some big Galeria... I remember this impossibly big escalator right off the train line....

- H

And Supa Tman... I remember as I was placing my $600 bid on it... "I know this is for a good cause but I hope that the "big box" is actually something good... I figured that since Hasbor UK and the Red Cross were involved I had a good shot of not getting screwed... Guess I was wrong.

I wonder if either of those organizations know how it all turned out? I'm sure they'd be unhappy to learn that they were involved with someone who took thier names and used them for his own personal gain of goods and services.

I remember him describing the stuff he'd gotten from Hasbro... he was listing it off and saying how cool everyting was. I guess it was cool enough for him just to keep it all and stick it to me.

I think you did well to not be involved. Its been nothing but empty promises and lies as far as I can tell so far with him.

- Hal

RSP

That guy definitely has some ego-related issues. Whenever I read his posts, I got the slight feeling that he honestly believed he had some serious influence with how Hasbro operated.

Aquarion,

You know I think you have to have some ego and belive in yourself to be involved in any industry or you get eaten alive. The thing is that if it was just ego that'd be fine with me, its his lying, stealing, cheating, dishonesty that really gets to me.

- Hal

well I've noticed their hasn't been anything on his site for months but i didn't know about this... sorta feel wise that i turned down his comic offer now

Blitz,

I've been as patient as I could be with him, I was nervous over this whole thing as he was new to the scene with TFauctions.com, and after talking with him in person after I won the auction he talked a pretty good game, rough around the edges to be sure, but I gave him the benifit of the doubt. After a few months of nothing and more empty promises and several cases where he point blank said "I've mailed your stuff" and it never arriving, I got fed up and requested to meet with him in person.

Even that didn't make any difference. I think looking back I should have put an end to his lies earlier, but honestly I really wanted to believe that he would come through.

At this point, after all this time and his latest "wake Hal up as early as possible" tactics I'm completely cured of my good will and abillity to overlook his shortcomings. Its very simple. He's lied, cheated, and mislead me from the very beginning. I believe that he's taken advantage of my good will and friendship and has strung me along so he could suck as much out of me as possible.

Well that's over.

And I'm done keeping his lies confidential. Everyone needs to know what happend and how he's dealign with it. If for no other reason than to avoid him and his dealings like the plague.

- Hal

Archived