So, what about future alt. modes?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

Producers have said the CGI Transformers will be easier to make for the sequel because this time a lot of effort had to be put into creating a new design style. Now its a case of the style being there already so they can just tailer existing styles to suit.

I'd expect to see the movie models "repainted" as it were, even if the same CGI model is being used. This allow Hasbro to not only create brand new molds of guys like Prime with sequel accurate gimmicks, but would allow them to repaint and release some of the first movie's toys in sequel accurate colors.

I don't expect the sequel to explain the new paintjobs at all.

I don't expect new paint jobs at all. I expect them to look the same, it'd be a waste of money when it'd be cheaper to work with the designs and colors already used and then using the rest of the money for new characters. In any business, whether it's movies or toys (which in this case it's both) you want to save money when you're going to use something that you've already used (in this case the surviving Autobots) and spend only a little bit on very minor changes, and spend most of the money on new designs (the new Decepticons and new Autobots). I know that changing the color seems rather simple, but in actuality, everything, even the coloring of the characters (at least from the movie makers perspective) costs money. Again, it'd be much simpler to just change as little as possible to the movie characters and spend most of the $$$ on new characters.

The only thing that could possibly change with the surviving Autobots might be weapons as far as the toys are concerned. We might get a new version of Leader Prime in the sequel that has the blade from the first film and a more accurate movie blaster. Same with Ratchet possibly coming with his saws and blasters. And Ironhide coming with better weapons that look more movie accurate and instead of four missile launchers, it's one, and the missiles on his right cannon aren't molded into the cannon, or at least not as badly as they are with the figure that we got.

Archived