So, what about future alt. modes?

My Alt. Mode Sucks

What I mean is, obviously they're going to give the surviving 'Bots/'Cons new alt. modes (it would be retarded to repackage the previous movie's molds, methinks). So how will they explain the robots getting new alt. modes and whatnot? I'm just curious how they'll do it...any theories?

They're not gonna get new Alt modes. I read that the Optimus Prime body took so much time and money that that's one of the reasons they wanna do Sequels to justify the cost. (some thing like that) So basically, I think the Autobots will be the same and will get all new Decepticons.

Did Spiderman get a new costume for the sequel to his movie? what about the X-Men or the Fantastic 4? I just don't think that using new alt-modes will be as feasible for a big budget movie as it is for a cartoon. The audience will expect a certain amount of consistency for the designs of re-occurring characters. This leads to some possibilities:

1: New alt-modes but with robot modes that are very similar to the originals, like the two versions of Bumblebee.

2a: Only a few characters from the first movie will reappear, relatively unchanged, and most of the original designs will go to all-new characters. In which case, Hasbro could simply re-release the original toys of the re-occurring characters or...

...2b: Hasbro will make all new toys of the re-occurring characters with new features and better engineering to make them even more movie accurate.

Spidey technically got a new costume in 3 -- but 3 sucked, so it is not worthy of being mentioned. Seriously, though, I can see your point. I guess it's just that I'm used to the idea of them always getting a new mode for sequels (after all, they never explained WHY the characters got new alt. modes between A and E, and E and C...marketing idiots). But yeah, they might release new versions or some such in 2009 (HOPING for a leader Blackout even though he's dead).

If 2009 is the hopeful date of release for the sequel, then by all means, Bumblebee is all set. His vehicle mode isn't going to be available until 2009, so that's perfect product placement. Now, if they continue with the Autobots being GM vehicles, then bring in Tracks and make him his traditional Corvette.

Plus, like so many others have stated, it's a matter of money, and they're not going to bother remodeling all the surviving and returning Autobots and lone Decepticon (Starscream). It'd be too expensive and take money away from creating the new characters. So as far as the toys are concerned, who knows. Maybe we'll get a better Ratchet with guns and his saw blads, and better guns for Ironhide. They don't all require missilse. Megatron doesn't have missiles.

I can almost guarantee that the returning Autobots will not be given new alt modes, it's just not financially feasible nor does it add much to the overall story for a sequel. I believe they'll stick with GM and we'll get a new Corvette and probably a new SUV as new Autobot alt modes. Just my guess.

Since everyone now knows what the Transformers are disguised as it would make sense for them to change their disguises.

I'd expect to see the movie models "repainted" as it were, even if the same CGI model is being used. This allow Hasbro to not only create brand new molds of guys like Prime with sequel accurate gimmicks, but would allow them to repaint and release some of the first movie's toys in sequel accurate colors.

I don't expect the sequel to explain the new paintjobs at all.

Archived