[WIP] TrailBlaster Custom

Bobby Lemain

4yu203r.jpg

after seeing that pic in the microman catalog I decided to make one of my own. so I started collecting parts:

-G1 trailbreaker (I bought a POS with the head intact)

-KO Soundblaster

and got to work:

6c31qqa.jpg

he has two right arms so I'm trying to get that fixed atm...

Since I ran out of double sided tape for my weird "Double Sided tape+paper+packaging tape" sticker idea, and I remembered I had CD labels so I printed them out onto that and stuck a layer of packaging tape on top to add some gloss. I also got the weapons+cassette peice+cassette eject button painted red and completely finished the stickers on the KO laserbeak! (btw, I forgot to take a before pic...again. but the KO laserbeak had gold painted wings and gold on random parts in the middle (no red or stickers). Sooo, here are the pics!

4zuox9v.jpg

(cassette eject not pictured)

6802txl.jpg

66xhcux.jpg

Right now the head isn't actually attached to the body (it's just sitting there) but when I get that left arm I'll put him back together and start working on attaching his head.

on top of that I recently got a KO ravage so work will begin to make him look Takara catalog accurate.

Guest Primal-Convoy

You made a CUSTOM KO?

Great idea. I remember that Takara used a Knock-Off Convoy figure as the inspiration for the Robotmaster: "Reverse Convoy" head. Credit where it's due, eh?

You made a CUSTOM KO?

Great idea. I remember that Takara used a Knock-Off Convoy figure as the inspiration for the Robotmaster: "Reverse Convoy" head. Credit where it's due, eh?

Yupp. But the only reason why I used a KO was because I wasn't about to behead a Takara 18 when I had a chance to take it off a cheaper version. (but I still miss that transparent red cassette cover...)

anyways, I did some more work and: (after getting the arm)

4t5u8wj.jpg

He got fixerized-up

I got to work on my second cassette and sanded away that Chinese "illegal in America unless in a cured state" silver paint apps, did some panel lining on the flip side (since I couldn't sand into the lines) then spent a few hours making the stickers... and got this: (I even did the eyes!)

4qpx4kn.jpg

6ary9hd.jpg

Besides the cheapo "I don't have any metal in me except screws and now my feet can't move leaving me either in crouched position or cassette mode" KO side to the cassette, he's pretty good.

After seeing how well the tiny font came out on my "Black Jaguar" so I decided to work on me "Red Condor" again and I'd have to say, it looks pretty killer to me!

52wnkly.jpg

Now all that's left to do is figure out how to make stickers that have a shiny mirror like side without consulting repro lables (the weapons are still sticker-less)

edit: I forgot to take pics, but the trailbreaker head was modded so that the soundblaster head pin/joint/hinge would fit into his head and now it is fastened to the body properly. First I sawed off the old pins with an xacto knife, and sanded the edge untill it was rounded, then I drilled a hold in the bottom to get the knub on and BOOM it worked!

Archived