Let's talk about Movie Starscream

Terrorcon Blot

I just picked him up today. He's super spiff. I normally don't buy Voyagers (unless a sale or clearance happens), but I had a coupon so I decided to grab him up.

Being my third movie voyager, I'm greatly impressed. He blows away the prior line voyagers I own, and isn't as fiddly or floppy as Blackout. He just...commands so much presence. I wuvs him so.

Uh-oh, is there a Ratchet vs Starscream thing brewing here? I think the only way to settle this will be...

in a 50-foot STEEL CAGE-AGE-age-age!!! :punch

I was not even going to buy Voy SS, bec. of the weak alt mode. In fact, of the first wave of movie figs out (i.e. the June 2 releases), he's the last one I've bought, and I have all of them exc. for Leader Megs and a couple Dxs. Glad I did get him, tho, bec. he is quite awesome in robot mode, no arguments there, esp. w/ some fingers on his "hands" that I made out of his missiles. He's got a great stance, nice articulation, and a bad atitude. Jet mode, however, still leaves me cold. Just too much bulk to be at all realistic. F-22s have all their weapons mounted internally, and here SS has his huge missile launchers and racks flapping in the Mach-2 breeze. He'll prob. stay in robot mode most of the time, and he'll be quite a sight that way.

F-22s have all their weapons mounted internally

F22's do have external hardpoints, which can be used to carry additional ordanance/stores when stealth isn't an issue.

The Army secretly is developing minicons to use these hardpoints. No word yet on how strapping a small sports to the underside of the wings helps the jet be stronger, though.

Uh-oh, is there a Ratchet vs Starscream thing brewing here? I think the only way to settle this will be...

in a 50-foot STEEL CAGE-AGE-age-age!!! :punch

Or Ratchet could have like been more than background color.

Archived