If the Transformers wanted to save their asses...

My Alt. Mode Sucks

...in battles and things -- why not just quickly scan a new alt. mode? It seems to me that during the scanning process, their body is reconfigured and at least semi-repaired (note how apparently Ironhide had a bum ankle, but then when he got his new form it seemed to be OK after that, or how some of BB's damage from the fight with Barricade seemed to be repaired when he got his new mode). So why didn't, say, Brawl scan something else, or some such? Sorry, trying to apply logic to the movie, I know it's dangerous

Weeeellll,

They mass shift their excess parts and damaged parts into a pocket universes (called plot holes) when they choose a new alt mode, but they couldn't do that while the allspark was in its miniturized (convienently human sized) mode. Thats why Jazz died too.

Welcome to RETCON HELL!

I don't think Ironhide had a "bum" ankle so much as his foot was adjusting to absorb shock / lighten the load of his massive footsteps.

Pretty much, last I saw my ankle did that... Albeit less giant robotic awesome :tfsad

...in battles and things -- why not just quickly scan a new alt. mode? It seems to me that during the scanning process, their body is reconfigured and at least semi-repaired (note how apparently Ironhide had a bum ankle, but then when he got his new form it seemed to be OK after that, or how some of BB's damage from the fight with Barricade seemed to be repaired when he got his new mode). So why didn't, say, Brawl scan something else, or some such? Sorry, trying to apply logic to the movie, I know it's dangerous

Ironhide didn't have a bum ankle.

Bumblebee didn't really suffer any damage at the hands of Barricade. He kinda got knocked around a bit, but nothing that would leave damage really.

Brawl couldn't scan anything that was remotely close to his mass (note - I said CLOSE), so he didn't have anything to scan into. Plus what would he have scanned that would have actually helped him out in that firefight? I don't think any car or truck would made him do anything any better.

Could've scanned into a Giant Mountan Dew Machine...

Archived