Voyager Movie Megatron

Hunter Rose

I hadn't had Vgr. Movie Megs more than 5-minutes before i knew i had to do something about his colors and his wacky ice tips.

I basically took some clippers and started chipping away.

I opened up his legs and removed his shin Icees completely, I also removed his wings and painted them up (destroying the spring feature in teh process.)

By painting his icee parts black and then wiping it off and the painting silver and wiping it out (repeat process x1) I was able to get that neat brushed steel look.

I also painted his eyes red (they are of the same design as CL megs)

I also did some detailing around trying to make it all match up. I am using "Testors Acrylic Paint Markers and a Paper Towel"

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

meg1.jpg

Special Thanks to Jin for the inspiration and all the KB'ers who do great work!

This is a WiP and suggestions are welcome!

I am also interested in fixing his wings. I would like to attach something "else" to the little iceshard things that fold out so that he looks like he has real wings. Anyone have any suggestions?

Looking good so far d00d

the more I see of this mold, the more I'm tempted...

Looks good.

As much as I like the LC I don't know if I'll bother. For $40 less this may be the one to get. I don't

do much custom work but this may be the one exception.

nice repaintin' pal

the thing is the ICE covers the head in altmode - but you can also flip the head around i guess... really he isnt meant to be in altmode much...

Thats why i want to add some kinda cool plate there to replace the ice but still look good in bot mode

I want to see someone use some transparent red, or orange. Then cover up the blue with them, and maybe give it whole thing a light red hue. Then call it entry or fire megatron

Just wait, Hasbro will do that for you. It'll be the only way to repaint this fig, and they loves them some repaints!!!! :tftongue

But seriously, he's a pretty cool fig. I don't like the ice bits either, but until I can get around to fabricating replacement parts he'll stay the way he is. It's a shame really because I like his overall look better than Leader Megs.

Oh, and here is a 5 min custom tip for anyone. It's a simple job to pop off the arms and swap them left to right. This puts his "fusion cannon"/nosecone thingy on the more traditional side. Then you just need to take out the 3 screws and flip the nosecone over. Redo the screws and that's it. It'll take you longer to find a screwdriver than to complete the swap.

the thing is the ICE covers the head in altmode - but you can also flip the head around i guess... really he isnt meant to be in altmode much...

Thats why i want to add some kinda cool plate there to replace the ice but still look good in bot mode

Why don't you attach the plate to the wing sections, like how it is on the protoforms? Flip it over his head in alt-mode and behind his back in bot mode. Then you can leave his chest ice as you have it.

Archived