RUMOR: Masterpiece G1 Grimlock in the works

DragonX76

The way they gave Grimlock the look then was because that hadn't been established as "wrong". So by all means, if it's a Masterpiece, then yes, go with the standing tall style, even though in all realistic terms, it's incorrect. But it's G1, so go ahead.

In the G1 cartoon, Grimlock was more like a mechanical Godzilla, anyway. All he really needed was the dorsal spines.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me just say (for the sake of being picky) that I really hope it's based on the "classic" T-Rex design, ie the fat, lumbering, tail-dragging T-Rex I grew up with, as opposed to the sleeker Jurassic Park-style running T-Rex we've been privy to in recent years.

Well, by all technical means, the "classic" T-Rex is incorrect. The reason the JP style T-Rex is used in media is because it makes more sense for the tail to have helped it with balance. Look at all the other bipedal predatorial dinosaurs. They all stood similar to how the T-Rex is done now. The way they gave Grimlock the look then was because that hadn't been established as "wrong". So by all means, if it's a Masterpiece, then yes, go with the standing tall style, even though in all realistic terms, it's incorrect. But it's G1, so go ahead. However, if the Dinobots have dinosaur alt modes in the sequel, should they be in it, and beloved Grimmy is again a T-Rex, then he should be the correct style T-Rex.

On topic, great. Gimme my MP Grimlock. I have no other MPs other than Prime and Megs, and the eventual Wally World exclusive corrected Starscream.

Right on all counts. I wasn't trying to be unscientific, I just want that classic G1 Grimlock pose. I wasn't happy with the Classics version at all, with his streamlined body and rat-like head. I hope they stay closer to the animation model this time.

Let me just say (for the sake of being picky) that I really hope it's based on the "classic" T-Rex design, ie the fat, lumbering, tail-dragging T-Rex I grew up with, as opposed to the sleeker Jurassic Park-style running T-Rex we've been privy to in recent years.

Well, by all technical means, the "classic" T-Rex is incorrect. The reason the JP style T-Rex is used in media is because it makes more sense for the tail to have helped it with balance. Look at all the other bipedal predatorial dinosaurs. They all stood similar to how the T-Rex is done now. The way they gave Grimlock the look then was because that hadn't been established as "wrong". So by all means, if it's a Masterpiece, then yes, go with the standing tall style, even though in all realistic terms, it's incorrect. But it's G1, so go ahead. However, if the Dinobots have dinosaur alt modes in the sequel, should they be in it, and beloved Grimmy is again a T-Rex, then he should be the correct style T-Rex.

On topic, great. Gimme my MP Grimlock. I have no other MPs other than Prime and Megs, and the eventual Wally World exclusive corrected Starscream.

Right on all counts. I wasn't trying to be unscientific, I just want that classic G1 Grimlock pose. I wasn't happy with the Classics version at all, with his streamlined body and rat-like head. I hope they stay closer to the animation model this time.

Oh. Believe me. I agree with with you on this. Not the Classics thing though. Classics Grimmy is pretty cool IMO, but not everyone is going to like the same figures.

Wants. :tfevil

Basically so I can have a toon scaled classics Grimlock...on the show he was mutha-effin-hooge! (sometimes...lol...inconsistent G1...)

Guest Primal-Convoy

I really hope they DONT go for the "incorrect" original G1 style T-Rex design. I really do. It would be great to have a T-Rex like the classics desigsn, just better sculpted and with a better transformation.

If they are smart though, Im sure the transformation will allow either mode to be used.

Archived