Problems with Music Label Soundwave?

Agent 539

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I've got the fuse out. It's a 500mA 250V fuse. I will be venturing to Radio Shack tomorrow and see what they have. Once I get my hands on one, I will resolder it in place and try the soundwave out. If it works, then some of you guys might have the same problem. Bear with me for the next few days and I will continue to update. Like I posted earlier, the electronics inside are very crappy, especially for an item that costs so much. I've decided against oening my sonic white version. If I can't get the blue one to work, it'll just have to be a shelf display.

Has there been any update on this?

My Spark Blue has the same startup problem, I hold play down but nothing, randomly he will turn on when its held for 2 seconds, he turns off just fine though.

I have used both Energizer and Duracell batteries, both have the same results.

When he turns on he has no issues, he turns off ok, all functions work correctly.

Some of my songs don't work, but thats probably a format issue, its a 1 GB scandisk micro with mini and regular adapter.

We are a brave bunch ordering the first wave, sounds like everyone is having problems. I suppose its comforting to know, perhaps we'll get a recall or something. Probably just wishful thinking.

Interested to know how the replacement fuse works out, sounds like it could make a big difference, I thought about cracking mine open too.

Sorry for the delay. That's a no go on the fuse. It didn't work when I swapped it out. However, the original fuse was blown. Since I cracked mine open, I'll tell you this as I posted before. They have very crude wiring. It looks like they had a bunch of 6 year olds working in a sweat shop putting the electronics together.

In the end, I opted to open my sonic white version since I had purchased the 2 set from BBTS. I had him open for a while, and I just couldn't get used to the white color........soooooo once again this mad scientist did some "modifications" I made a"hybrid version. All I did was swap the head, arms, and legs from the broken spark blue one to the torso of the sonic white one. It looks pretty cool actually. I will try to post some pictures of him later.

And now...without further a do............Hybrid Music Label Soundwave (At least until the black version comes out in Dec.)

e7f1cf65.jpg

e7f1a550.jpg

*Disclaimer: Disassembling your music label Soundwave is done at your OWN risk. I cannot be held responsible for any damage Laserbeak might cause to you for destroying his master. Sorry for the crappy pictures. My camera is old.

Hello, new here... needing some help

My soundwave played well the first day I got it. The following day (after loading more mp3 files) it wouldn't play anymore. All i get is the blue light will flash once, then rapidly 3 times in succession (repeat that 4 times again) and then it just turns off without playing anything.

I've changed the batteries 3 times, reformatted my card (sandisk) and made sure all the files were mp3s, but it still won't work. :tdown

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Archived