Problems with Music Label Soundwave?

Agent 539

Ok kids, I was out for a night stroll last night with my Soundwave providing a soundtrack and I get to a song and it starts skipping and playing slow. I'm like the hell because it just flipped and went weird. The mini SD card is almost full so I'm figuring about halfway down the playlist, it starts to screw up. I even wen to the last song and it skipped and played slow. I haven't tried a partial list yet but I'm thinking that Soundwave can't handle a full GB of music. Any thoughts or run into anything else?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok kids, I was out for a night stroll last night with my Soundwave providing a soundtrack and I get to a song and it starts skipping and playing slow. I'm like the hell because it just flipped and went weird. The mini SD card is almost full so I'm figuring about halfway down the playlist, it starts to screw up. I even wen to the last song and it skipped and played slow. I haven't tried a partial list yet but I'm thinking that Soundwave can't handle a full GB of music. Any thoughts or run into anything else?

first things first, check your batteries.

if that doesn't work, check what mp3 it is and see try reloading it onto the card. there are certain mp3s that my car radio doesn't like at all.

Well kick me in the nuts. I go out and buy a SD card and a reader and its the wrong one. I found micro sd but no mini sd cards and don't know WTF all that means anyways. Why oh why did I open my MP3 Soundwave? A better question would be.... Why oh why did I buy a MP3 player with no internal memory?

I can't read Jap. I see mini SD in the pic. Stupid me did not keep up with technology. I have no damn clue WTF I am doing.

I just want to hear Soundwave play some go@@amn music!

Nickel and dime. Nickel and dime.

Can't even hold up his gun! SOAMFB!!!!!

I did the same thing. Went to wally world to grab a card a few weeks ago so I'd be prepared when ol SW showed up. I dropped $30 on a card that ended up being the wrong one. I took it back and then got the right size from Amazon. For $15 you can get a san disk brand minisd. Less of a hassle and cheaper.

Yeah I'm having problems. The first is that once I turn the thing on it doesn't turn off. It's the same button that turns it on that turns it off, right? cause if so it ain't working. Also I can't get it to play music. I have the right miniSD card and it's no problem putting mp3 files into it (I use a mac if there's any kind of quirk I don't know about), but when the card's in soundwave there's no sound at all. the light blinks though

If pressing and holding play/pause doesn't turn it off press pause and let it sit. I did this yesterday when I left the room and came back the player had shut off.

To add music to the card try this if you're using a pc.

1) Go to the control panel

2) Go to folder options and set the viewing options to view all hidden files and folders

3) Check the card to make sure there are no folders or extra non-media files

4) Go to the file directory you have your music in and right click to check the properties of all the music files you want to put onto the card

5) If all of your files are compliant copy and paste what you want onto the card

6) Double check to make sure there is nothing on the card that you do not want

7) Check to make sure the battery is minty fresh and charged

8) Turn it on and turn up the volume to make sure that it is not turned too low

9) Enjoy!

I hope this helps at least a little. I don't at all mean to be rude with this if it comes off that way. I just wanted to make sure I covered all the bases.

Thanks for the help. I started a How to: thread on this thing after I finally figured it out. MP3 and ONLY MP3. Nothing else seems to play. Found a nice ripper to convert my files to MP3's also.

Archived