Leader Class Megatron

Satan's Camaro

So after all this time of saying "OH HELLZ NO I'M NOT TOUCHING LEADER CLASS MEGATRON ZOMG", I caved.

I picked up Leader Megatron today.

Now, I have been a detractor of this figure because of the lack of head articulation and questionable color choices.

And now having spent some time with him, I must say that I was wrong. He's not perfect, but he's far from horrible. Good poseability, imposing stature, and a very detailed mold and an awesome headsculpt.

The instructions - as previously mentioned by others - are completely useless. It was only after I had tossed them aside that I finally transformed him successfully into the Alien Jet Of Doom.

So yeah, he's nice. Even nicer after I switched the spring from his fusion cannon to his mace.

I am now debating on whether or not to cut off the tab that locks his head in place. It really doesn't do anything, as the legs lock the entire back end of him in alt. mode. It looks like if that wasn't there, his head would have a lot more articulation without looking akward.

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy025.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy024.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy023.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy021.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy019.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy014.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy013.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy05.jpg

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy03.jpg

And this one is most likely the repaint....behold........

GALVATRON!!!! :mwahaha

TFTM2007LeaderClassGALVATRONLOLZcop.jpg

I'm kind of in the same boat- didn't expect to want Leader Megs, but now I do. Hope I can still find him in a few weeks after my checking account recovers. Def. looking forward to make some improvements on him, just wish I could paint worth a damn.

Great review.

Having now found Ironhide I'm now down to LC Megatron and Starscream. Starscream's a no brainer but I'm somewhat still on the fence with Megatron. Long question short. Is he worth the money. Leader class Prime was about 75 CND & I definitely got what I payed for as it's a fantastic mold but Megatron in comparison is hard to justify. I want a Leader Meagatron to lead the movie Decepticons but with an impressive LC Brawl on the horizon I don't know if I'm willing to do both. :redface

...cut off the tab that locks his head in place....

If you're talking about the tab I think you're talking about, that'd be bad. Considering the tab not only locks the head portion, but also locks the nose of his Cybertronian Jet Mode preventing it from moving.

Now, if you mean the tab that goes UNDER his head when it's locked, then that's a different story, and by all means, try it out. If it works, let us know.

I agree, Leader Megs is great.

Loki, it is worth the money, IMO. i was just as satisfied with him as Prime. I also find Megs a little more easy to handle. Prime has a lot of kibble whereas Megs is pretty clean. If you have the extra cash, GET HIM!

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you form the fusion cannon??? I can't figure it out for the life of me!

Fusion cannon isnt too hard....I can take pics later but for now I will type it out.

Ok, first you take megatrons hands, and you can fold them back and clip them into his forearms. When doing this you will notice there is a peg on megatrons finger that can be put into a hole on his forearm. Now both of his hands are folded back, you will see there are two gray plastic tabs that are on megatrons left arm around the wrist area(his left will be on your right when facing the toy). You clip that onto his wrist on the right arm (once again, your left). So basically once you fold the arms back, bring his two arms together and you will notice where the clip is and where it fits. Then all you do is pull the cannon forward and there ya go!

Great toy design + poor paint choice = Confused consumers

I think only with the advent of all the Leader Megs paint customs popping up have people seen that Megs is a cool toy.

I've yet to pick it up though, as that's another 40 bucks I'd rather not spend at the moment.

Archived