soundwave

phill smith

Change when necessary is fine. Change for the sake of change is not. If something is not broke, don't fix it.

Well, we've clearly always had different definitions of "broke".

I see Mass Shifting as duct tape that's been barely holding Soundwave together since the 80s, and I think the character deserves a proper repair.

And, I see it as an integral part of who and what Soundwave is. There is nothing broken about it.

I actually do think Soundwave, after Prime and possibly Megatron, is the most iconic Transformer of the original series. Most people remember "that tape deck with the cool voice."

And I agree, Megatron's been so damn many forms that he could be anything and it'd work equally well as far as being iconic goes.

That said... I don't think I want Soundwave to be a tape deck. I love him to death as a tape deck, and his G1 is my favorite Transformer, but I think a broader audience will think mass-shifting is rather stupid, and a cop out. And they're rather correct.

My vote is Ice Cream Truck. Ubiquitous, yet attention getting. Also, they usually have large speakers to play music. Soundwave plays music. PERFECT! The DS games have proven that Ice Cream trucks can be deadly, now we need Soundwave to show us just how deadly they can be.

Well, no one says he should be an '80s tape deck. A modern portable sound system would be much better suited to the movie. Secondly, the one thing Soundwave wouldn't want is an "attention getting" alternate mode. That would be conter-productive. The more inconspicuous and less "atttention getting" the better.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my personal opinion is... mass shifting is uber ghey full stop it was stupid in G1 and its always been since... scion Xb and stealth fighter FTW KTHX

any way at the of the movie hype they stated NO MASS SHIFTING the all spark cube is a mystical space oddity that has been around for all time so it can slide and even the transformers say they have not got a clue how it works

any ways armoured car SW looks nice and im sure so long as its not some thing retarded like a cd player i can live with it

Change when necessary is fine. Change for the sake of change is not. If something is not broke, don't fix it.

Well, we've clearly always had different definitions of "broke".

I see Mass Shifting as duct tape that's been barely holding Soundwave together since the 80s, and I think the character deserves a proper repair.

And, I see it as an integral part of who and what Soundwave is. There is nothing broken about it.

What about if the Insecticons were in the movie? They mass-shifted in the comics! Yet you wouldn't mind if THEY didn't go shrink-a link-a in a movie.

In fact, Soundwave RARELY transformed in the comics if I recall right. Why should the movie bend over backwards to fit what a silly cartoon did because they didn't have creative enough writers?

my only problem with Soundwave being a stealth fighter is that there are so many transformers that are already jets and planes, why force someone that wasnt one into that role instead of just using someone that is already a jet? i think he should be something inconspicuous. or better yet, who says he needs to transform at all? he could just stay in robot mode the whole movie and have the "cassettes" do all the spying and stuff and they come to him for playback

If Soundwave does appear in the sequels, he better be an upgraded form of Blackout. There's just no other way to explain the character(and probably design) similarities since Blackout was originally intended to be Soundwave. As for his alt-mode, I've always wanted a Soundwave that transforms into a fast&furious car with a decked-out sound system, which would be a lot more interesting than a surveillance van. That way, his name is still relevant to his alt-mode. Also, I'm hoping that Ravage is Frenzy's replacement. I think that the designers would get a better robot mode out of a stereo if it was feline. Just look at the stereo Frenzy transformed into. It's practically the basic feline body shape. All you would need is a head, legs, and tail.

Ice Cream Truck? Thats retarded...

But its better than Magic Shrinky!

BRING ON THE BOMBPOPS!!!

:thumb :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance :07dance

I wanted Blackout to be Soundwave.....Just with a voice and more screen time.

I wanted Blackout to be Soundwave.....Just with a voice and more screen time.

:pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx :pfx

Or Baricade.

Archived