US Retail Sighting of Real Gear 2 Packs

Heat Guy

PIC-0169.jpg

Dont know if this technically counts as a sighting but passing in my local WalMart is hopes of the lastest Movie Deluxes, so far notta, but saw this. Place had about 6 boxes of these. Pics of the assortment later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

And you didn't slice it open because?

Employees like it when you trash their stocking area

I didn't feel like it, besides why do the grunt work? In the morning the magical stocking fairy will prance down to WalMart and magically lay out tons of new TFM Merch :07redface

I didn't feel like it, besides why do the grunt work? In the morning the magical stocking fairy will prance down to WalMart and magically lay out tons of new TFM Merch :07redface

I knew it and people didn't belive me who else does all that stuff the staff ya right

He's lucky he didn't open the case(s). I've been told that they will throw that customer out for pulling that. (If they get caught.)

I wanted to open a case one night, and a stocker said "If you're thinking about opening that case of TransFormers, don't. I'll have you thrown out of the store. Until it's on the pegs or we hand it to you, you have no right to access the item. In the future...please don't try it either. We really will have you removed from the store."

It kinda spooked me out. I had done it before...

Well, I work for Wal Mart and I'm really not sure opening a box of toys would be grounds for getting tossed out at my store.

If it was a box of street dated material being opened beforehand, or you were just being a blatent jerk (not you being anyone reading the thread, just a 'you' in general ) they might could ask you to wait until the box was put up normally.

If I'm at a wal mart that's not mine, I always ask to see box 'X' and if I can look at the figures inside since I'm trying to find a certain one my store doesn't have.

The problem is different stores have different unstated policies about collectors. Some won't put anything collectible out until the shelf is totaly empty, or they will bring out a box every few days (esp for Hot Wheels) to make sure everyone gets a chance to get the rare pieces.

Another thing is that the new fall toy layout is coming up soon. Many stores will not open anything that's being sent in for the new layout until the layout is done and the hooks tagged and ready to fill.

It's a good find tho--nice to see them hitting locally. Shame the 25th GI Joes aren't doing the same along with Payload....

Sounds like an empty threat and it's not like you're going to stand around and wait for someone who has the authority to do it to show up. One reason I've heard for not opening boxes is that until that box is open it's possible that it's going back to the stock room and back there there's no telling what's going to happen to it. It could go back to the floor later, could go to a different store in the region, could go back to the manufacturer as overstock, there's just no knowing.

Emerje

Archived