Alternator Rodimus

Rapid Run

Dumb question: if people fight this hard to get these, how can Hasbro say they're not cost-effective? I really think they should take a look at TCC as a distribution channel. If $25 isn't enough to cover the costs, I really think some well-made remolds/redecos could have a very good life as $50 TCC exclusives. (Can we say Blaster/Trailbreaker/Frenzy/Ultra Magnus/Ironhide anyone?)

Repaints are a little more doable - what's definitely not cost-effective is making any more new molds.

However, I'd like to point one thing out. Usually when negotiationing licence fees (in addition to charging a royalty on units sold) there is often a minimum annual payment to maintain access to the licenced property. My guess is that Hasbro may not want to front the carrying costs for all these licenses and simply lets them expire, which then prevents any use of the molds.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as I thought and called it, they put it on while I was at work. Thanks hts. At least I have my *Transufomah!* bbts one on preorder still. At least I can get 'ol menasor, though. Congrats to those of you that were able to get your order in!

BBTS pre-orders are in so anyone that got one they should be shipping out tomorrow!

I sure hope STP got one

I'm hoping it ends up like pepsi prime when they had him up again after he was out of stock

otherwise I'm screwed

I'm hoping it ends up like pepsi prime when they had him up again after he was out of stock

otherwise I'm screwed

Trade ya for an Alt Nemmy Prime :tfevil

otherwise I'm screwed

Trade ya for an Alt Nemmy Prime :tfevil

:grr

The funnier thing is, I just checked eBay and they have truckloads of Rodimi for some high rates. Now my bigger question, and I can asked this since I went to SDCC on Saturday, is it really worth it to drive/fly to San Diego, pay to get into the place, walk around and jump thru hoops in order to find out how you get Rodimus because it wasn't easy, pay $25 for him, walk around some more and then when you get home, put him up on ebay for $50 after it's all said and done. That seems like a lot of work for $25+ dollars profit. And since they limited him to 1 per person after a while, the chance to buy multiple ones and sell them like a store is out the window.

These scalpers are small fish and thinking real small too. I know demand is high but they're playing themselves for a quick buck and small profit.

Archived